DC/MD/VA Riders Thread  RSS Feed

#51 2013-01-22 2:50am

lillare
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

Re: DC/MD/VA Riders Thread

RL Paulie wrote:

Any ideas on how to lure some further out of towners? It's too bad we don't have a real home base to have a bbq/beers at. Gravelly Point is OK for a meet up spot, but it's not the best place to chill out.
Build contest?

A build contest or bike show probably would inspire more people to come. However, the thought scares me a little because of the drama that could result from it. You know how people get when their bike doesn't win.

And I agree that Gravelly Point isn't the best spot for the meet. I just don't know if a better spot exists. I can think of plenty of places to have a BBQ, but they're nowhere near DC.

Looking for: Hutch Buff bars w/original finish & decals ·

#52 2013-01-22 5:20am

SARON81
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1

lillaRe wrote:

RL Paulie wrote:

Any ideas on how to lure some further out of towners? It's too bad we don't have a real home base to have a bbq/beers at. Gravelly Point is OK for a meet up spot, but it's not the best place to chill out.
Build contest?

A build contest or bike show probably would inspire more people to come. However, the thought scares me a little because of the drama that could result from it. You know how people get when their bike doesn't win.

And I agree that Gravelly Point isn't the best spot for the meet. I just don't know if a better spot exists. I can think of plenty of places to have a BBQ, but they're nowhere near DC.

I agree that unfortunately, there always seems to be drama associated with any kind of show... even one meant to be relaxed and layed back (like the Philly BBQ.) You just can't please everyone... and everyone feels like their bike should win afre spending a lot of time and money on it.  It might bring more out of towners, but the biggest event I've been to is just a ride and nothing else (Philly fall ride... 120+ riders last year.) I did like the route we took in DC last year for the ride... good trails, and lots of scenery. I feel like a lot of us would even like a longer ride. Maybe try to plan a couple of events... maybe a DC ride and a Baltimore or DC suburb BBQ? Just an idea....

Philly 2012:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/SARON81/036-3.jpg

DC 2012:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/SARON81/048-1.jpg

Last edited by SARON81 (2013-01-22 5:25am)

#53 2013-01-22 6:05am

bmx4fun
Pro Member
For Sale: 2

SarOn81 I agree on the money/time on show bikes. Peeps always want to win at shows/contest.  They forget were all here to chill and ride. I am good friends with Ryan 71 and we do a ride every last Fridays of the month I started doing this ride in the early spring.We had 65 riders and now the last ride we did had over 1850+ riders. It's not a show or a contest just a ride with beers,bikes, and friends. Check out the site I posted way back in the spring and never got a hit. Maybe peeps like to show there bikes not ride them. It's a great time we ride thru down down B-more then 14 miles or so.. Then finish at a local watering hole. Live music, food, trucks and good cold beers. Check out the site Baltimorebikeride.com check out the past few moths rides we do themems so rad bro.

#54 2013-01-22 6:13am

dts123
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

bmx4fun wrote:

SarOn81 I agree on the money/time on show bikes. Peeps always want to win at shows/contest.  They forget were all here to chill and ride. I am good friends with Ryan 71 and we do a ride every last Fridays of the month I started doing this ride in the early spring.We had 65 riders and now the last ride we did had over 1850+ riders. It's not a show or a contest just a ride with beers,bikes, and friends. Check out the site I posted way back in the spring and never got a hit. Maybe peeps like to show there bikes not ride them. It's a great time we ride thru down down B-more then 14 miles or so.. Then finish at a local watering hole. Live music, food, trucks and good cold beers. Check out the site Baltimorebikeride.com check out the past few moths rides we do themems so rad bro.

is that link right?  i can't get anything when I try and go to that Balitmore link.

How many people showed in DC last year? I think that was the first year for it right?  I couldnt' make it last year due to sports for my kids but hoping it works out this year.  Maybe me and my son will make it up.

Was Looking for an RL20ii...Was looking for a master or sport.  Now looking for a Trickstar.

#55 2013-01-22 7:18am

bmx4fun
Pro Member

Sorry Bmorebike.com is the site.

#56 2013-01-22 7:20am

SARON81
Museum Addict

dts123 wrote:

bmx4fun wrote:

is that link right?  i can't get anything when I try and go to that Balitmore link.

How many people showed in DC last year? I think that was the first year for it right?  I couldnt' make it last year due to sports for my kids but hoping it works out this year.  Maybe me and my son will make it up.

Should be wwwbaltimorebikeparty.com
I would defiantely like to check this out.... when it's warmer. lol

I think we had +/- 40 people on last years inaugural DC ride.

Last edited by SARON81 (2013-01-22 7:21am)

#57 2013-01-22 7:21am

SARON81
Museum Addict

bmx4fun wrote:

Sorry Bmorebike.com is the site.

That's not it either! lol

#58 2013-01-22 7:27am

bmx4fun
Pro Member

It's bike party sorry haven't had my coffee and red bull yet thats it . It's so much fun low and slow ride at night taking it all in the city that bleeds lol. I'm a city fireman/paramedic I know the city inside and out. Peeps don't want to ride here because they here all the problems.

#59 2013-01-22 7:28am

bmx4fun
Pro Member

It's bike party sorry haven't had my coffee and red bull yet thats it . It's so much fun low and slow ride at night taking it all in the city that bleeds lol. I'm a city fireman/paramedic I know the city inside and out. Peeps don't want to ride here because they here all the problems.

#60 2013-01-22 7:29am

bmx4fun
Pro Member

It's also Bmorebikes.com forgot the s roll

#61 2013-01-22 7:34am

SARON81
Museum Addict

bmx4fun wrote:

It's also Bmorebikes.com forgot the s roll

That's a pretty cool site with lots of info on it... never seen that one. Thanks! smile

Are you guys going on the ride this Friday night?

Last edited by SARON81 (2013-01-22 7:35am)

#62 2013-01-22 7:39am

bmx4fun
Pro Member

Yes I am Ryan 71 not sure he doesn't like the cold weather. Hit me up tom row I'll def let u no. I have a few others that are down fur sure. Going to see a show on the 10th at the recher in Towson straight line stitch she rocks.. Lmk

#63 2013-01-22 10:38am

ryan71
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Yeah my vote for bike show is F that crap dudes too much drama and who's qualified anyway to judge what makes one bike better than the other none of us! I dig them all build what you like. A BBQ would be great to incorporate in to the ride but not at Gravelly. But that's a great spot to meet plenty of room and the trails leading in to DC. We can have more than one get together keep the DC ride the DC ride and then plan a BBQ for another ride. And yeah the Bmore bike party is a good time trying to get more bmxer's out there. And what Jeff said hell no I don't do winter. The BBQ sound like a good idea though bring more bikes out chill a little more check out everyone's stuff sell swap eat ride chill then eat some more drink, lets do it keep your eyes out for a good central spot!

Looking for another set of Tioga Monoblock pedals.

#64 2013-01-22 11:19am

ryan71
Pro Member

Plus Larry would win all the contest his bikes are always badass and OG!

#65 2013-01-22 11:42am

Spector007
Vegas VIP
Bikes: 4
Website

ryan71 wrote:

lol, ya right!  He always brings the heat!  I'm gearing up this year to keep up with all the killer builds.
I'm working on getting 2 more bikes built before our next ride, but things have been really slow on the site here lately and parts are scarce at the moment. 

Anybody here going to spring fling?

Come ride with me on INSTAGRAM: @VegasStyleVip
or Twitter: @Vegas_Style_VIP

Co-Host of the Las Vegas #PODCAST "The Mike and the Mouth show" Going underground to get you the underbelly of the beast!  We take you places in Vegas others won't! Guaranteed to offend!

#66 2013-01-22 11:57am

SARON81
Museum Addict

Spector007 wrote:

ryan71 wrote:

lol, ya right!  He always brings the heat!  I'm gearing up this year to keep up with all the killer builds.
I'm working on getting 2 more bikes built before our next ride, but things have been really slow on the site here lately and parts are scarce at the moment.  Anybody here going to spring fling?

I hear ya... I picked up a 89 Master to build, and it's not been easy to find parts for it... I pretty much need everything but the frame fork and stem. sad

However... i'm dying to debut my dayglo pink Pro Performer. Finished it early Winter, and haven't had a chance to show it off yet (although I've put about 50 miles on it already.) I guess it'll make it's debut at the Philly BBQ unless we put together something earlier in the Spring.

#67 2013-01-22 12:00pm

RL Paulie
Pro Member
For Sale: 6

I posted a thread trying to gain interest on bmxsociety. Drew, a local NOVA guy, wants to join in but asked if the ride could be on a Sunday as he works sale at a motorcycle dealer and must work Saturdays. I told him I'd ask, but to not hold his breath. lol.

I'm a notoriously slow shipper. Please have patience. You WILL get what you pay for. Thank you.

#68 2013-01-22 7:40pm

ryan71
Pro Member

I actually work at a motorcycle dealership as well but I don't work Saturday's. But Sunday is an option because a few guys that work with me ride with me so I'll keep that open if everyone's down. I'm thinking this ride is going to be the month before the Philly BBQ so looking like April toward the end to hold out for better weather. I'll get a post up in a few weeks. Hopefully I have my Skyway 24 on the street by then?

#69 2013-01-22 7:53pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict
Bikes: 9

SARON81 wrote:

Spector007 wrote:

ryan71 wrote:

I'm working on getting 2 more bikes built before our next ride, but things have been really slow on the site here lately and parts are scarce at the moment.  Anybody here going to spring fling?

I hear ya... I picked up a 89 Master to build, and it's not been easy to find parts for it... I pretty much need everything but the frame fork and stem. sad

However... i'm dying to debut my dayglo pink Pro Performer. Finished it early Winter, and haven't had a chance to show it off yet (although I've put about 50 miles on it already.) I guess it'll make it's debut at the Philly BBQ unless we put together something earlier in the Spring.

I may just sell out and go strictly new school.  Deals still abound in that realm, and my 2012 Standard is looking pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; / For he to-day that sheds his blood with me / Shall be my brother ... / gentlemen ... now-a-bed / Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here / And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks / That fought with us

#70 2013-01-23 3:59am

lillare
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

New school? That makes Larry sad. sad I dig your GT... keep it!

And Ryan, have you seen thanx23's Hutch 24"? No way my bikes win if he showed up with that beauty. And I'd bet Paulie has been holding out on us. I'm sure he's got a beast of a bike hidden away somewhere. wink

Last edited by lillaRe (2013-01-23 3:59am)

Looking for: Hutch Buff bars w/original finish & decals ·

#71 2013-01-23 4:02am

ryan71
Pro Member

Saron we are def gonna have a longer route this year!

#72 2013-01-23 6:40am

SARON81
Museum Addict

ryan71 wrote:

Saron we are def gonna have a longer route this year!

cool
I like the idea of having it earlier in the year too. Kind of a BMX event season kick off event.
Then... maybe a BBQ later in the Summer would be cool.

#73 2013-01-23 8:07am

nightsblood
Expert
Website

Well lets pick a month then.  I gotta make sure i can get off
April?

Yeah I want Cheesy Poofs!

#74 2013-01-23 8:34am

ryan71
Pro Member

Yes April.

#75 2013-01-23 8:38am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

I'm hungry...tongue

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

Board footer

View Cart →