DC/MD/VA Riders Thread  RSS Feed

#26 2013-01-16 2:26pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

Re: DC/MD/VA Riders Thread

lillaRe wrote:

ryan71 wrote:

I vote Ripper. Larry sweet you got a cruiser! Hutch? Redline?

Why's it gotta be a Redline or Hutch? lol This one is going to shock you actually. It's a '95 Robinson, rebuilt with lots of Porkchop parts! yikes I'm in the process of putting some 3-piece cranks on it now.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/ … 0_0005.jpg

This is my other project. It's going to be my new 20" rider.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/ … 9ca351.jpg

You know you can't ride that rl20ii
Xjguy will have a fit if you take that to dc.
I want one so I can crush it and how him lol

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

#27 2013-01-16 2:27pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

thanx23 wrote:

Marked..cool

Bring yo 300zx fool!!!
tongue

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.

#28 2013-01-16 3:40pm

ryan71
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Larry GTFO! A Robbie with Porkchop can't believe the world didn't end was looking for an XL 24 LOL? Naa looks good I like the Robinsons nice bikes it looks awesome. I'm sure its good to feel better riding around on that. And koolkids I was thinking the same thing that's why I said Ripper!

Looking for another set of Tioga Monoblock pedals.

#29 2013-01-16 3:45pm

ryan71
Pro Member

And F the Porkchop haters I'm not Bill Gates I can replace Pork parts all day long if I break them but not priceless NOS gems! Funny thing is I've only broken the high end stuff I buy the cheap stuff last except maybe a few seatposts.

#30 2013-01-16 3:48pm

datsbad
Museum Addict
Website

I'm in ..wish I could ride more than 1

SPARTAN Racer. POWDER COATER
POWDERKOTE  on FACEBOOK

#31 2013-01-16 4:45pm

thanx23
Pro Member
Bikes: 4
For Sale: 43

TheKoolKids wrote:

thanx23 wrote:

Marked..cool

Bring yo 300zx fool!!!
tongue

It's in storage right now....maybe for the spring ride. It's hard to find a place to put a bike lol

#32 2013-01-16 4:47pm

lillare
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

ryan71 wrote:

Larry GTFO! A Robbie with Porkchop can't believe the world didn't end was looking for an XL 24 LOL? Naa looks good I like the Robinsons nice bikes it looks awesome. I'm sure its good to feel better riding around on that.

I know, can you believe it? I used my winnings from the Vintage Build-Off to fund almost the whole bike. I won a $250 credit at Porkchop, so I bought just about everything I could from there. I bought a few old school parts from people on here, just to give it a little old school flavor. Riding a 100% mid-school bike might freak me out. wink I might make some changes to it eventually, but I figure I'll beat on it a little first.

datsbad wrote:

Nice! It'll be great to have you along for the ride.

Here's what you do. Get 4(or 5) brunettes in skimpy black dresses, have them put on too much make-up and pull their hair back, so they all look alike. You wear black slacks, a white dress shirt and a tie and have the girls follow you around on 4 of your bikes all day. That would be so epic. People would laugh their asses off. I'll bet it would go viral. You could end up going on talk shows and whatnot. lol Seriously though, do it! If nothing else, it would make for one heck of a photo shoot. cool

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/lillare/Misc_Pics/robert80s1.jpg

I should photoshop some bikes in there.^ lol

Last edited by lillaRe (2013-01-16 4:49pm)

·

#33 2013-01-16 5:39pm

ryan71
Pro Member

Sorry to the PA dude guess I could of added you guys in too but the more the merrier and always welcome to join when we ride as the matter of fact you better be there when I set it up!

#34 2013-01-16 5:42pm

ryan71
Pro Member

lillaRe wrote:

ryan71 wrote:

Larry GTFO! A Robbie with Porkchop can't believe the world didn't end was looking for an XL 24 LOL? Naa looks good I like the Robinsons nice bikes it looks awesome. I'm sure its good to feel better riding around on that.

I know, can you believe it? I used my winnings from the Vintage Build-Off to fund almost the whole bike. I won a $250 credit at Porkchop, so I bought just about everything I could from there. I bought a few old school parts from people on here, just to give it a little old school flavor. Riding a 100% mid-school bike might freak me out. wink I might make some changes to it eventually, but I figure I'll beat on it a little first.

datsbad wrote:

Here's what you do. Get 4(or 5) brunettes in skimpy black dresses, have them put on too much make-up and pull their hair back, so they all look alike. You wear black slacks, a white dress shirt and a tie and have the girls follow you around on 4 of your bikes all day. That would be so epic. People would laugh their asses off. I'll bet it would go viral. You could end up going on talk shows and whatnot. lol Seriously though, do it! If nothing else, it would make for one heck of a photo shoot. cool

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/ … rt80s1.jpg

WOW Larry maybe it's time to clean the bong water? You should were the shirt and tie and Spector and Koolkids can wear dresses not that I really want to see that:lol:

#35 2013-01-16 6:34pm

lillare
Pro Member
Website

ryan71 wrote:

WOW Larry maybe it's time to clean the bong water? You should were the shirt and tie and Spector and Koolkids can wear dresses not that I really want to see that:lol:

lol No thanks!

·

#36 2013-01-16 9:07pm

RL Paulie
Pro Member
For Sale: 9

datsbad wrote:

Bring your buddy on his pink Dyno!

I'm a notoriously slow shipper. Please have patience. You WILL get what you pay for. Thank you.

#37 2013-01-16 9:19pm

datsbad
Museum Addict
Website

RL Paulie wrote:

datsbad wrote:

Bring your buddy on his pink Dyno!

If he has it done I'm sure he will ,,thanks again . He was shocked at Christmas

POWDERKOTE  on FACEBOOK

#38 2013-01-16 9:20pm

datsbad
Museum Addict
Website

lillaRe wrote:

ryan71 wrote:

datsbad wrote:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/ … rt80s1.jpg

Damn Larry sounds like a great idea ....haha

POWDERKOTE  on FACEBOOK

#39 2013-01-16 10:13pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

thanx23 wrote:

TheKoolKids wrote:

thanx23 wrote:

Marked..cool

Bring yo 300zx fool!!!
tongue

It's in storage right now....maybe for the spring ride. It's hard to find a place to put a bike lol

No excuses, if I can fit a 24 and a 20 in my silvia 240sx, then you can lol

#40 2013-01-18 8:22am

RL Paulie
Pro Member

I just got a new landing gear fork (black w/ gold lettering) on ebay for a good price. I guess that bodes well for building the Ripper, but would that fork look OK on the Tazo Chai latte colored quad? I still think I want to build the quad up first but need help with parts selection. Help me out with the build... I have black tuffs and a black fork so far.

I'm a notoriously slow shipper. Please have patience. You WILL get what you pay for. Thank you.

#41 2013-01-18 8:23am

lillare
Pro Member
Website

datsbad wrote:

I knew you'd like that idea. wink

TheKoolKids wrote:

What is this all about? I must have missed something. hmm

·

#42 2013-01-18 10:19am

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

lillaRe wrote:

datsbad wrote:

I knew you'd like that idea. wink

TheKoolKids wrote:

What is this all about? I must have missed something. hmm

Lol I'm playing.
I love the 20ii ill send you links later bro
Can't wait o see/party w my boys!!!

#43 2013-01-20 10:39am

ProThunder4
Museum Addict
Bikes: 9

Sunny and 60 degrees in late January ... I may just do something foolhardy and tackle the track with my gimpy shoulder unless anybody's going to be out and about elsewhere.  Anybody?

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; / For he to-day that sheds his blood with me / Shall be my brother ... / gentlemen ... now-a-bed / Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here / And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks / That fought with us

#44 2013-01-20 2:12pm

Spector007
Vegas VIP
Bikes: 4
Website

ProThunder4 wrote:

Sunny and 60 degrees in late January ... I may just do something foolhardy and tackle the track with my gimpy shoulder unless anybody's going to be out and about elsewhere.  Anybody?

ya:) , it was a nice day out for once........did you make it out for a spin today?

Come ride with me on INSTAGRAM: @VegasStyleVip
or Twitter: @Vegas_Style_VIP

Co-Host of the Las Vegas #PODCAST "The Mike and the Mouth show" Going underground to get you the underbelly of the beast!  We take you places in Vegas others won't! Guaranteed to offend!

#45 2013-01-20 2:30pm

lillare
Pro Member
Website

I took the Robi out for a little spin today. It's pretty sweet with the 3-piece cranks on it. I need some pedals for it though. I had to borrow the XC-IIs off my RL.

·

#46 2013-01-20 4:23pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict
Bikes: 9

Spector007 wrote:

ProThunder4 wrote:

ya:) , it was a nice day out for once........did you make it out for a spin today?

Great little ride with the fam'.  About 14 miles out and back to Falls Church on the local trails.  Shoulder felt good enough for a few small bunny hops, but it's still a little sketchy.  Nice to be out, all the same.

Looking forward to seeing all the winter builds on the next get together.  Plan to be working on one myself tomorrow, if work will leave me alone.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; / For he to-day that sheds his blood with me / Shall be my brother ... / gentlemen ... now-a-bed / Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here / And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks / That fought with us

#47 2013-01-20 4:26pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

lillaRe wrote:

I took the Robi out for a little spin today. It's pretty sweet with the 3-piece cranks on it. I need some pedals for it though. I had to borrow the XC-IIs off my RL.

I bet it loos goo dude!!

I'm um well sick.........
Even my meds haven't helped.
So I did not ride today sad

#48 2013-01-21 2:08pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

La la la la la la la la ala la la la

#49 2013-01-21 8:29pm

lillare
Pro Member
Website

I can't wait for more of this!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/lillare/BMX/DC_Ride_2012/120429_0107.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/lillare/BMX/DC_Ride_2012/120429_0195.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/lillare/BMX/DC_Ride_2012/120429_0232.jpg

Is it warm yet?

Oh and I know some of you are ready for more of this!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/lillare/BMX/DC_Ride_2012/120429_0159.jpg

lol

·

#50 2013-01-21 9:49pm

RL Paulie
Pro Member

Any ideas on how to lure some further out of towners? It's too bad we don't have a real home base to have a bbq/beers at. Gravelly Point is OK for a meet up spot, but it's not the best place to chill out.
Build contest?

Board footer

View Cart →