You are not logged in.

1974 Puch Challenger MX  RSS Feed

#1 2013-01-11 7:27am

clockwork77
Museum Newbie
From: NYC
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 16
Bikes: 2

1974 Puch Challenger MX

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/side_copy49.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/puch1_copy1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/overhead1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/finalpics.jpg

1974 Puch Challenger MX

Split-Frame Looptail Pro Racer/ Ashtabula / Sunshine / Araya / Bendix


***Pure survivor - UNRESTORED - Not too many of these around.
 
I gave the bike a very slight cleaning, to try and keep all the original paint.

Everything is original to the make of the bike.
 
Side profile has before and after shots.
 
SPECS____________________________
1974 PUCH Challenger MX
Split-frame Looptail Pro Racer
SN#xx81 (4 numbers survived full visibility)
Original decals + blue paint (no powder)
Ashtabula head, forks, bars
Araya Model 17 2.125 rims
Sunshine (Japan) hubs
Michigan Super-MX 20x2.125 tires
Bendix coaster brake
Winner circle grips
Rat trap pedals
 


http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Offline

 

#2 2013-02-11 6:48pm

TEXMEXBMX
Pro Member
From: TEJAS
Registered: 2012-05-09
Posts: 1509
Bikes: 9

Re: 1974 Puch Challenger MX

This Bike Rocks! cool

Offline

 

#3 2013-02-12 2:34pm

RFactor
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2013-01-10
Posts: 1

Re: 1974 Puch Challenger MX

That's a crazy cool frame from the makers of the frankly seriously uncool Maxi moped which plagued the roads of Britain in 70's and 80's. Love it. smile

Offline

 

#4 2013-03-16 11:31am

clockwork77
Museum Newbie
From: NYC
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 16
Bikes: 2

Re: 1974 Puch Challenger MX

Thanks!...   I got quite lucky coming across this one, nothing broken or repaired, it's taking alot of resistance to not re-do the paint on this, those rusty spots are just begging for a little cleanup, but there is enough original paint on here that it's nice to have an all original 1974 survivor.  I'm not a "rust-oration" type of guy hahahaha.  I wish there was a way to preserve the actual paint in it's current condition but flaking has begun and without taking off a considerable amount of it around the edges of the flaking, there is no way to secure the depreciation of the paint (other than not touching it ever! haha).   Overall im very happy that 80% of the rust came off to reveal chrome which was a nice surprise, the other 20% the chrome is eaten & gone and got cleaned down to metal. 

Almost considering riding this one down to the Philly ride lollll (ALMOST....but prob not haha)

Offline

 

#5 2013-04-13 7:39pm

vinnymack97
Pro Member
From: northern michigan
Registered: 2011-11-08
Posts: 1018
Bikes: 12

Re: 1974 Puch Challenger MX

These are super hard to find cause all the seat post masts broke and on top of just being plain old rare. Very sweet find. cool


Anything clem twin and parker!!!

Offline

 

#6 2014-04-16 3:15pm

Dirt68
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2014-04-15
Posts: 3
Bikes: 1

Re: 1974 Puch Challenger MX

Man I had that bike bike but chromoly probably never see one of those again

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →