The Anti collector thread.  RSS Feed

#1 2013-01-06 11:09pm

La Dolce
Expert
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 554
Bikes: 1

The Anti collector thread.

I imagine this would be short lived but i hope not.   I would like to see the the utilitarians here get some shine.  The one bike only guys!  The only bike i need.  Bmx/freestyle/26's whatev's.  I think over collecting and hording is kind of gross and want to see the other side.

I am/was an only one bike guy but a bunch bikes fell to me free or dirt cheap recently.  So i don't count at this moment BUT i am in the process of thinning them out back to only one!   I will report back when finished.

If you have say, a road bike and a bmx and a parts bike.  That still counts because it's two different disciplines. You just cant have 3 of the same bike.

Offline

 

#2 2013-01-06 11:15pm

RoadRunner
Museum Addict
From: Texas
Registered: 2007-08-13
Posts: 1685
Bikes: 4

Re: The Anti collector thread.

La Dolce wrote:

You just cant have 3 of the same bike.

I can have whatever and however many I want.  lol

Offline

 

#3 2013-01-06 11:30pm

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless
From: Southern California
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 8457
Bikes: 7
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

don't hate the player hate the game.


Punk is Dead..... But Jesus is Alive!!!!!!!!

Offline

 

#4 2013-01-06 11:45pm

La Dolce
Expert
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 554
Bikes: 1

Re: The Anti collector thread.

RoadRunner wrote:

La Dolce wrote:

You just cant have 3 of the same bike.

I can have whatever and however many I want.  lol

This is true, but you are not a utilitarian.

One ride for the dirt.
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m345/Trump750/IMGP5867_zpsf916b85d.jpg

One ride for freestyle.
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m345/Trump750/IMGP5865_zps58dc01ee.jpg

Any others?

Offline

 

#5 2013-01-06 11:52pm

La Dolce
Expert
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 554
Bikes: 1

Re: The Anti collector thread.

I just gave away an 1988 Supergoose that fell into my lap and now i am giving away a Kuahara that fell into my lap.  Why? Because i only need one bike for the dirt.  Same with my freestyle.  Only 1's needed.

Offline

 

#6 2013-01-07 1:29am

Oaktown Massive
Pro Member
From: 510 to 323, CA
Registered: 2010-04-18
Posts: 1844
Bikes: 2
For Sale
Website

Re: The Anti collector thread.

Been riding this for 35 yrs.  The only reason I'm on this site.  Didn't get wiped down after the last ride, so she's kinda dirty.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/oaktownmassive/Race%20Inc%20Jan%202013/DSCN0204.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/oaktownmassive/Race%20Inc%20Jan%202013/DSCN0197.jpg

I own a Redline too, but it belonged to an old friend of mine and I still consider it his - even though I've had it since '95 or so.


1 9 7 7   R a c e  I n c.   R A - 7                         1 9 7 9   R e d  L i n e   M X - I I

Offline

 

#7 2013-01-07 2:15am

robk131313
Admin***HUTCH VADER***
From: Southern Cal / Lake Havasu, AZ
Registered: 2009-03-20
Posts: 21497
Bikes: 11
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

Oaktown Massive wrote:

Been riding this for 35 yrs.  The only reason I'm on this site.  Didn't get wiped down after the last ride, so she's kinda dirty.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx24 … CN0204.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx24 … CN0197.jpg

I own a Redline too, but it belonged to an old friend of mine and I still consider it his - even though I've had it since '95 or so.

Too damn cool! smile


NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are a couple bikes I need. Please look.
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=612172
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=612173

Offline

 

#8 2013-01-07 2:18am

robk131313
Admin***HUTCH VADER***
From: Southern Cal / Lake Havasu, AZ
Registered: 2009-03-20
Posts: 21497
Bikes: 11
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

I am mostly a collector but fully respect your views. smile That Race Inc is sick ass hell! big_smile


NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are a couple bikes I need. Please look.
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=612172
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=612173

Offline

 

#9 2013-01-07 2:24am

G_Man_720
Member
Registered: 2012-04-08
Posts: 53
Bikes: 1

Re: The Anti collector thread.

Here it is. I only have one ride, but i have a bit of a parts fetish that i tell myself is for "the next build"...

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/redline/63995


All I want for in this life is a Haro Plate... Take one of your wall, sell it to me and let it see daylight again!

Offline

 

#10 2013-01-07 6:00am

ProThunder4
Pro Member
From: Alexandria, VA
Registered: 2011-09-22
Posts: 1273
Bikes: 9
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

It's strange.  Back in my roadie days, I never had more than one bike at a time and would have thought anybody who did was strange (unless, as you say, the bikes were for different types of riding). 

For BMX, however, I have a primary race bike, a back-up, a new school flag ship, a bad weather bike, and a long-haul cruiser.  But, hey, they all get ridden on a regular basis.


Marshall W. "Major" Taylor, one of America's greatest bicycle racers, on succeeding in sport and life: Don't try to "gyp." Don't be a pie biter. Don't keep late hours. Don't use intoxicants. Don't be a big bluffer. Don't eat cheap candies. Don't get a swelled head. Don't use tobacco in any form. Don't fail to live a clean life. Don't forget to play the game fair. Don't take an unfair advantage of an opponent. Don't forget the practice of good sportsmanship.

Offline

 

#11 2013-01-07 6:07am

MrOlive
Expert
From: Boulder, CO
Registered: 2011-01-30
Posts: 878
Bikes: 18
Website

Re: The Anti collector thread.

I got tons of them They pay the rent if I can't and their trades get me the parts I need. I like to one up my bikes all the time


I got lots of stuff, what you need? lol

Online

 

#12 2013-01-07 6:10am

opedogg47
Pro Member
From: Marietta, Georgia
Registered: 2012-01-05
Posts: 253
Bikes: 12
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

I like to collect AND ride! Sometimes, one comes before the other - but that all depends on what the weather is doing that day! Ope

Offline

 

#13 2013-01-07 6:33am

Coco
Pro MemberMore Fun Than a Hutch Thread
From: Saskatchewan
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 5694
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

I respect both sides of the coin.

This is a museum with a whole lot of curators working here rather than just one like at a regular museum. If we don't collect and preserve, who will? If no one did, a lot of this stuff would be lost.

I only have 4 BMX bikes (one is kind of a carpet queen that does not get much use) and ride them all but I sure as hell respect the guys on here that resist the urge to build up and ride the rare and NOS stuff since I never can and end up building/using/riding.

Last edited by Coco (2013-01-07 6:36am)

Offline

 

#14 2013-01-07 9:27am

Oaktown Massive
Pro Member
From: 510 to 323, CA
Registered: 2010-04-18
Posts: 1844
Bikes: 2
For Sale
Website

Re: The Anti collector thread.

robk131313 wrote:

Oaktown Massive wrote:

Been riding this for 35 yrs.  The only reason I'm on this site.  Didn't get wiped down after the last ride, so she's kinda dirty.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx24 … CN0204.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx24 … CN0197.jpg

I own a Redline too, but it belonged to an old friend of mine and I still consider it his - even though I've had it since '95 or so.

Too damn cool! smile That Race Inc is sick ass hell! big_smile

Thanks Rob big_smile


1 9 7 7   R a c e  I n c.   R A - 7                         1 9 7 9   R e d  L i n e   M X - I I

Offline

 

#15 2013-01-07 9:38am

Oaktown Massive
Pro Member
From: 510 to 323, CA
Registered: 2010-04-18
Posts: 1844
Bikes: 2
For Sale
Website

Re: The Anti collector thread.

I gotta say though, if the rumors hold true and Scot B breathes life back into Race Inc, I'll be purchasing a new bike.


1 9 7 7   R a c e  I n c.   R A - 7                         1 9 7 9   R e d  L i n e   M X - I I

Offline

 

#16 2013-01-07 9:38am

freedo
White Boy With An Afro
From: Skippack, PA
Registered: 2008-06-17
Posts: 9138
Bikes: 52

Re: The Anti collector thread.

opedogg47 wrote:

I like to collect AND ride! Sometimes, one comes before the other - but that all depends on what the weather is doing that day! Ope

+1 i have a good sized collection, but i ride alot, i dont ride all of my bikes (too many/one is a bit fragile) but when i do ride, i go all out


out with the new in with the old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile
mongoose decade guru, hit me up with any questions you may have
R.I.P  Autumn Pasquale. May she rest in Peace!
Instagram! @freedo70

Offline

 

#17 2013-01-07 9:41am

myone
BMXer 4 Life
From: S. Paterson, NJ
Registered: 2008-07-15
Posts: 7840
Bikes: 9

Re: The Anti collector thread.

big_smile


Everybody sing GOOOOO YANKEES !!!                      MAH!! COULD WE GET SOME MEATLOAF ??????????

Your gonna wear the shirt of the band your going to see??? DONT BE THAT GUY!!!!!!
R.I.P. Autmn Pasquale 12yrs. old you will not be forgotten. Murderd over BMX parts. UNFORGIVABLE.

Offline

 

#18 2013-01-07 10:38am

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3675
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

ProThunder4 wrote:

It's strange.  Back in my roadie days, I never had more than one bike at a time and would have thought anybody who did was strange (unless, as you say, the bikes were for different types of riding). 

For BMX, however, I have a primary race bike, a back-up, a new school flag ship, a bad weather bike, and a long-haul cruiser.  But, hey, they all get ridden on a regular basis.

Always good to see a fellow rodaie back into BMX! Me too brother.....big_smile..


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#19 2013-01-07 11:01am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless
From: Southern California
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 8457
Bikes: 7
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

Oaktown Massive wrote:

Been riding this for 35 yrs.  The only reason I'm on this site.  Didn't get wiped down after the last ride, so she's kinda dirty.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx24 … CN0204.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx24 … CN0197.jpg

I own a Redline too, but it belonged to an old friend of mine and I still consider it his - even though I've had it since '95 or so.

the seat guts look all funky.


Punk is Dead..... But Jesus is Alive!!!!!!!!

Offline

 

#20 2013-01-07 11:01am

La Dolce
Expert
Registered: 2012-09-04
Posts: 554
Bikes: 1

Re: The Anti collector thread.

Oh, don't let my title confuse you.  This is not to knock the collector but to highlight the soloists out there.

I got this post idea because i remembered seeing a few other members past post saying "This is the only bike i need.  Good for park and ramp".

Offline

 

#21 2013-01-07 11:05am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless
From: Southern California
Registered: 2007-06-25
Posts: 8457
Bikes: 7
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

La Dolce wrote:

I just gave away an 1988 Supergoose that fell into my lap and now i am giving away a Kuahara that fell into my lap.  Why? Because i only need one bike for the dirt.  Same with my freestyle.  Only 1's needed.

i take it that goes for your feedbacks as well eh?


Punk is Dead..... But Jesus is Alive!!!!!!!!

Offline

 

#22 2013-01-07 11:08am

perront
Moderator*GOONNGGGGGG*
From: 44T HQ, Chicagoland, IL
Registered: 2010-06-21
Posts: 12714
Bikes: 13
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

Man, I totally respect where you're coming from.  You either have a commendable amount of discipline or you are po'! lol  Just kidding.  In answer to your question, though, NO. cool


44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang
SkywayBontragerSupercrossGTKappaProfileProfileRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and non-BMX SchwinnSchwinnSchwinn!

Offline

 

#23 2013-01-07 11:17am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 14582
Bikes: 46
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

La Dolce wrote:

I just gave away an 1988 Supergoose that fell into my lap and now i am giving away a Kuahara that fell into my lap.  Why? Because i only need one bike for the dirt.  Same with my freestyle.  Only 1's needed.

lol did no body tell you DYNO VFR is one step above DEPART MEANT STORE POOSS.  keep the Kawahara get rid of the VFR! tongue  I do not even think VFR are full chromoly.hmm

oh but nice torker look a like allways loved the Raligh ultra . under rated freestyle frame. I have owened 3 of them road them then sold 1  started to miss it. so bought a nother. I just do not have the will power to have/ love just one bike!

Last edited by FRESSTYLE FREEK (2013-01-07 11:29am)


Kindness is like Manure dose You No Good unless You spread It around
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

Offline

 

#24 2013-01-07 11:20am

timt
Pro Member
From: Central Pa
Registered: 2011-06-28
Posts: 597
For Sale

Re: The Anti collector thread.

I have three bikes, one is a friends from back in the day so I am stuck with it. I still have a Redline I bought to race last year, but ended up racing my S&M which I just sold last month. I built a brand new Diamondback for this year. I sold all my 80's bikes because I hated riding them. I do plan to build a new S&M this spring to ride street with. So yea I need more than one bike, but I'm not hoarding.


Looking for a 1989 Robinson Pro frame and fork

Offline

 

#25 2013-01-07 11:27am

jasvanek
Lord High Priest of the Cube Monkeys
From: Oklahoma
Registered: 2012-02-08
Posts: 648
Bikes: 1

Re: The Anti collector thread.

Personally, I like the VFR. May not be the greatest ride ever, but mine rides just fine. That being my primary ride around bike it gets quite a bit of abuse without complaint or failure.

My stable consists of the VFR, my Diamondback Reactor Pro (race only bike) and a Specialized Hard Rock.


--http://www.youtube.com/user/javanek/videos
"Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument." - Steve Vai

Offline

 

Board footer