stolen bikes  RSS Feed

#1 2012-11-02 7:52pm

stravisjr
Member
Registered: 2006-06-12
Posts: 49

stolen bikes

any info on these?? just ordered the 2013 sinner to replace my 05 eastern jane.. seems like a great bike for the cash. let me know if you guys have any info.     
                                                  thanks
                                                   steve


you want someone to talk to, well i'm your man, i've seen it all, and i know where you live.

Offline

 

#2 2012-11-02 8:02pm

thewhitelarrybird
Pro Member
From: Trenton, NJ
Registered: 2009-09-18
Posts: 2764
Bikes: 23
For Sale

Re: stolen bikes

not a big fan of stolen

Offline

 

#3 2012-11-02 8:16pm

freestyle5150
my friends call me OX
From: Toronto, Canada
Registered: 2009-10-22
Posts: 796
Bikes: 2

Re: stolen bikes

i had a bike stolen once hmm


░▒▓▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▓▒░ ☆☆☆☆☆ ░▒▓▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▓▒░

             Don't take anything I say seriously.... unless it's bike related.

░▒▓▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▓▒░ ☆☆☆☆☆ ░▒▓▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▓▒░

Offline

 

#4 2012-11-02 8:21pm

snotty1
Pro Member
From: resident feather ruffler
Registered: 2011-11-10
Posts: 404
Bikes: 1
For Sale

Re: stolen bikes

stravisjr wrote:

any info on these?? just ordered the 2013 sinner to replace my 05 eastern jane.. seems like a great bike for the cash. let me know if you guys have any info.     
                                                  thanks
                                                   steve

Hahah why all the uneducated purchases . It's much like anything in life do the research before you buy.  Would hate to see what your garage looks like


!!!!!!!need bad!!!!!!DK LOW FLANGE 36H FLIP FLOP HUB!!!!!!!!!

graveyard 28,29,30 tooth sprocket wanted
Wanted 1 1/8 TNT STEM decent shape wanted

Offline

 

#5 2012-11-02 8:45pm

no body
17yr old Frame-Wrecker
From: Florida
Registered: 2011-06-25
Posts: 3029
Bikes: 3
Website

Re: stolen bikes

lollollollol stolens not that great (says the guy with a stolen head set lollollollollollollollollol ) there not the best brand s&m fbm basically all american made bikes are the best big_smile


I AM 17 YEARS OLD!!! big_smile fallow me on instagram @remington_schaefer

Ride in peace Autum Pasquale

Offline

 

#6 2012-11-02 8:48pm

blueep3piece
under construction
Registered: 2012-06-26
Posts: 1766
Bikes: 5
Website

Re: stolen bikes

I know a kid that has been shredding on one for a couple years. not my favorite brand, but should hold up as long as any Eastern.


current school > your school

Offline

 

#7 2012-11-03 8:24am

wilster
Expert
From: Grand Rapids, MI
Registered: 2011-04-11
Posts: 555
Bikes: 18

Re: stolen bikes

Stolen is out,   Sunday is the shit specially when it comes to the new bikes, there quality is unmatched

Offline

 

#8 2012-11-03 9:09am

snotty1
Pro Member
From: resident feather ruffler
Registered: 2011-11-10
Posts: 404
Bikes: 1
For Sale

Re: stolen bikes

wilster wrote:

Stolen is out,   Sunday is the shit specially when it comes to the new bikes, there quality is unmatched

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

and its not even april fools


!!!!!!!need bad!!!!!!DK LOW FLANGE 36H FLIP FLOP HUB!!!!!!!!!

graveyard 28,29,30 tooth sprocket wanted
Wanted 1 1/8 TNT STEM decent shape wanted

Offline

 

#9 2012-11-03 9:46am

v0lum3
Museum Addict
From: San Diego, CA
Registered: 2011-02-13
Posts: 1476
Bikes: 2

Re: stolen bikes

Stolen is a budget company, which means they're going to be the cheapest on cost and quality most of the time.  That said, there are parts which they do very well, bars, pedals, frames, etc.  There are also parts which they do very poorly, like their hubs and rims. 

If you're buying a Stolen, you're getting a great deal, but be prepared for some hiccups and the need to replace a few things as down the road.


Oh your bike doesn't have a scratch on it? 

Tell me again what the best parts are.

Offline

 

#10 2012-11-03 1:04pm

no body
17yr old Frame-Wrecker
From: Florida
Registered: 2011-06-25
Posts: 3029
Bikes: 3
Website

Re: stolen bikes

v0lum3 wrote:

Stolen is a budget company, which means they're going to be the cheapest on cost and quality most of the time.  That said, there are parts which they do very well, bars, pedals, frames, etc.  There are also parts which they do very poorly, like their hubs and rims. 

If you're buying a Stolen, you're getting a great deal, but be prepared for some hiccups and the need to replace a few things as down the road.

+1 cool


I AM 17 YEARS OLD!!! big_smile fallow me on instagram @remington_schaefer

Ride in peace Autum Pasquale

Offline

 

#11 2012-11-03 1:31pm

tcbmx
Museum Addict
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2008-12-21
Posts: 2129
Bikes: 8

Re: stolen bikes

v0lum3 wrote:

Stolen is a budget company, which means they're going to be the cheapest on cost and quality most of the time.  That said, there are parts which they do very well, bars, pedals, frames, etc.  There are also parts which they do very poorly, like their hubs and rims. 

If you're buying a Stolen, you're getting a great deal, but be prepared for some hiccups and the need to replace a few things as down the road.

took the words right outta my mouth. stolen's usually come complete with a pretty nice frame, good forks, and pretty good pars too. the cranks that come stock on em are also good, and typically last a good while. however, the wheelset's are junk, particularly the hubs, and I would recommend replacing the stem first thing when you get the bike. I've assembled about 6 new stolens right outta the box, and let me tell ya, the stems are S  H  I  T. can't hold the bars worth a damn either most of the time. otherwise you get a good bike with rom for upgrades down the line, so I'd say they ain't a bad deal.


What's the point of having a bike if you're not going to ride it?

Offline

 

#12 2012-11-03 2:04pm

ministock101
Expert
From: Soldotna, AK
Registered: 2011-07-23
Posts: 883
Bikes: 4

Re: stolen bikes

My lbs caries Stolen, felt, redline, mirraco, and united. I see more stolen bikes than any of them. I cracked a cheapo stolen stem. All I did was a drop off a loading dock. it was like 5'3 or so.


I <3 BoneDeth

Offline

 

#13 2012-11-03 2:06pm

ministock101
Expert
From: Soldotna, AK
Registered: 2011-07-23
Posts: 883
Bikes: 4

Re: stolen bikes

and wethepeople


I <3 BoneDeth

Offline

 

#14 2012-11-03 2:36pm

spyker
BMXer 4 Life
From: East Van
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 5154

Re: stolen bikes

ministock101 wrote:

and wethepeople

Go with wethepeople,if it's in your budget,get the Envy.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#15 2012-11-03 2:54pm

no body
17yr old Frame-Wrecker
From: Florida
Registered: 2011-06-25
Posts: 3029
Bikes: 3
Website

Re: stolen bikes

ministock101 wrote:

My lbs caries Stolen, felt, redline, mirraco, and united. I see more stolen bikes than any of them. I cracked a cheapo stolen stem. All I did was a drop off a loading dock. it was like 5'3 or so.

united is sick cool


I AM 17 YEARS OLD!!! big_smile fallow me on instagram @remington_schaefer

Ride in peace Autum Pasquale

Offline

 

#16 2012-11-03 3:51pm

ministock101
Expert
From: Soldotna, AK
Registered: 2011-07-23
Posts: 883
Bikes: 4

Re: stolen bikes

I personally would of bought a dk. It is full chromoly, has 48 spline cranks, and sealed hubs along with a female front axle. it's a great price also.
http://www.albes.com/dk-kvant-2013-stock-bike.aspx


I <3 BoneDeth

Offline

 

#17 2012-11-03 4:48pm

thewhitelarrybird
Pro Member
From: Trenton, NJ
Registered: 2009-09-18
Posts: 2764
Bikes: 23
For Sale

Re: stolen bikes

spyker wrote:

ministock101 wrote:

and wethepeople

Go with wethepeople,if it's in your budget,get the Envy.

stay away from salt parts....... they suck bad

i would say your best bet would of been to find a sick custom on CL for cheap, sometimes you can find a bike with $1500+ into it for only $300

Offline

 

#18 2012-11-03 5:42pm

spyker
BMXer 4 Life
From: East Van
Registered: 2009-11-19
Posts: 5154

Re: stolen bikes

thewhitelarrybird wrote:

spyker wrote:

ministock101 wrote:

and wethepeople

Go with wethepeople,if it's in your budget,get the Envy.

stay away from salt parts....... they suck bad

i would say your best bet would of been to find a sick custom on CL for cheap, sometimes you can find a bike with $1500+ into it for only $300

The Envy model is equipped with Eclat and WTP parts,it's the top of the line complete that WTP offer.

I would personally go with Sunday! but his LBS does not carry that brand.


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength

Would you trust a lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?

Offline

 

#19 2012-11-03 6:47pm

hooligan4130
"She Loves My 24inches"
From: Blythe, CA
Registered: 2012-01-07
Posts: 2156
Bikes: 4

Re: stolen bikes

lol nothing wrong with trial and error. might not be the best bike but might be worth it. you'll know till something brakes


"Hittin easy street on dirt tires"

wanted- chrome haro sledgehammers
             1" threadless haro 24 forks

Offline

 

#20 2012-11-03 9:08pm

ministock101
Expert
From: Soldotna, AK
Registered: 2011-07-23
Posts: 883
Bikes: 4

Re: stolen bikes

spyker wrote:

thewhitelarrybird wrote:

spyker wrote:


Go with wethepeople,if it's in your budget,get the Envy.

stay away from salt parts....... they suck bad

i would say your best bet would of been to find a sick custom on CL for cheap, sometimes you can find a bike with $1500+ into it for only $300

The Envy model is equipped with Eclat and WTP parts,it's the top of the line complete that WTP offer.

I would personally go with Sunday! but his LBS does not carry that brand.

What? You got me confued with someone else.


I <3 BoneDeth

Offline

 

#21 2012-11-03 9:24pm

ministock101
Expert
From: Soldotna, AK
Registered: 2011-07-23
Posts: 883
Bikes: 4

Re: stolen bikes

blueep3piece wrote:

I know a kid that has been shredding on one for a couple years. not my favorite brand, but should hold up as long as any Eastern.

Well eastern usually don't last very long. My friend rode a 09? Eastern element up intil this summer. He lake jumped it and that weakend the frame. we were putting a new BB in it and it broke from the hammer around the bb shell. Thats really scary because he does some sketchy gaps and drops.

He has a couple clips in this video but he drops off of the house at the end.


This is like the 3rd time he dropped off the 6. Bad ending. back in '08 when he was 16


And another video of him and his brother 2 years ago.


I <3 BoneDeth

Offline

 

#22 2012-11-03 9:30pm

Fox
Pro Membervet pro
From: ...
Registered: 2008-09-24
Posts: 5792
Bikes: 20
For Sale
Website

Re: stolen bikes

ministock101 wrote:

I personally would of bought a dk. It is full chromoly, has 48 spline cranks, and sealed hubs along with a female front axle. it's a great price also.
http://www.albes.com/dk-kvant-2013-stock-bike.aspx

but dk is owned by huffy now so maybe not the best quality

Offline

 

#23 2012-11-03 9:47pm

ministock101
Expert
From: Soldotna, AK
Registered: 2011-07-23
Posts: 883
Bikes: 4

Re: stolen bikes

They are partners from what I read. The same factories and the same people still make them so who cares


I <3 BoneDeth

Offline

 

#24 2012-11-03 9:58pm

Burning River
Pro MemberBuild to Grind
From: Worst Of Cleveland
Registered: 2010-11-27
Posts: 12766
For Sale
Website

Re: stolen bikes

Fox wrote:

ministock101 wrote:

I personally would of bought a dk. It is full chromoly, has 48 spline cranks, and sealed hubs along with a female front axle. it's a great price also.
http://www.albes.com/dk-kvant-2013-stock-bike.aspx

but dk is owned by huffy now so maybe not the best quality

Hmmmmm , going to have to ask my friend Nina , who rides for them about that . That's an odd combo if true .


When I leave , come together like buttcheeks . - Grits N' Gravy

Offline

 

#25 2012-11-03 10:30pm

v0lum3
Museum Addict
From: San Diego, CA
Registered: 2011-02-13
Posts: 1476
Bikes: 2

Re: stolen bikes

Burning River wrote:

Fox wrote:

ministock101 wrote:

I personally would of bought a dk. It is full chromoly, has 48 spline cranks, and sealed hubs along with a female front axle. it's a great price also.
http://www.albes.com/dk-kvant-2013-stock-bike.aspx

but dk is owned by huffy now so maybe not the best quality

Hmmmmm , going to have to ask my friend Nina , who rides for them about that . That's an odd combo if true .

Not really that odd... covered in any basic business class.


Oh your bike doesn't have a scratch on it? 

Tell me again what the best parts are.

Offline

 

Board footer