You are not logged in.

1997 DYNO Compe Restoration  RSS Feed

#51 2012-08-31 3:39pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

I checked out your thread, I cant tell if the chain ring is steel or aluminum. If its aluminum? that would be a whole different ball game. hmm 

Justin/tiv wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply...there is a close up photo in my main thread on page 3...thread is called first restore project...requesting help. Thanks again your build is going awesome

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-31 3:40pm)

Offline

 

#52 2012-08-31 3:55pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Getting ready to grease some bearings. big_smile  The chain in the background was the one off this bike. Not good enough for this build. yikes
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_3325.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_3323-Copy-Copy.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-31 3:58pm)

Offline

 

#53 2012-08-31 4:46pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Cool! Ill look forward to your pics. smile You might have to paint it if its that bad. I got lucky with the chrome on this one. tongue

83dback wrote:

cool. big_smile cool picked this same model and year this summer. except my rust is bad. i have done some good rust restos in my past but this is pretty bad. yours looks good!!! i'll post some pics of mine when i have a a little more time. keeping an eye on............ big_smile

Offline

 

#54 2012-08-31 8:50pm

Justin/tiv
Member
From: KC MO
Registered: 2012-07-20
Posts: 98
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

I cant drive 55 wrote:

I checked out your thread, I cant tell if the chain ring is steel or aluminum. If its aluminum? that would be a whole different ball game. hmm 

Justin/tiv wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply...there is a close up photo in my main thread on page 3...thread is called first restore project...requesting help. Thanks again your build is going awesome

I'm referring to my forks actually

Offline

 

#55 2012-09-01 5:01am

83dback
Pro MemberLUDE
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2010-09-28
Posts: 2794
Bikes: 11

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Here is where I am at. Again....awesome job. big_smile
I think this one may be too far gone.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/83dback/IMG_0333.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/83dback/IMG_0357.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/83dback/IMG_0358.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/83dback/IMG_0359.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k512/83dback/IMG_0363.jpg


Today is yesterday's tomorrow.  D€4L

Offline

 

#56 2012-09-01 5:17am

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Never to far gone for paint. big_smile big_smile Other then those rust areas It doesnt look to bad, I dont know if that sproket would ever come back. hmm

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-09-01 5:20am)

Offline

 

#57 2012-09-01 5:31am

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

OH, now that's a different story! From what I can see in the pic of your forks, they seem to have allot of scratches that are a little to deep for normal compound, you might be able to polish them out with a high speed buffing machine, that would probably be your only chance. smile 

Justin/tiv wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

I checked out your thread, I cant tell if the chain ring is steel or aluminum. If its aluminum? that would be a whole different ball game. hmm 

Justin/tiv wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply...there is a close up photo in my main thread on page 3...thread is called first restore project...requesting help. Thanks again your build is going awesome

I'm referring to my forks actually

Offline

 

#58 2012-09-01 5:35am

83dback
Pro MemberLUDE
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2010-09-28
Posts: 2794
Bikes: 11

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Never to far gone for paint. big_smile big_smile Other then those rust areas It doesnt look to bad, I dont know if that sproket would ever come back. hmm

true....or rechrome. i really like the bike so it is going to get done one way or the other.
keep up the good work!!! big_smile


Today is yesterday's tomorrow.  D€4L

Offline

 

#59 2012-09-01 5:41am

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Yea, I am really liking these Dynos to! big_smile Your into diamondbacks I see, I also have an 84 super streak to be restored in the near future. cool

83dback wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Never to far gone for paint. big_smile big_smile Other then those rust areas It doesnt look to bad, I dont know if that sproket would ever come back. hmm

true....or rechrome. i really like the bike so it is going to get done one way or the other.
keep up the good work!!! big_smile

Offline

 

#60 2012-09-01 12:36pm

Justin/tiv
Member
From: KC MO
Registered: 2012-07-20
Posts: 98
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

I cant drive 55 wrote:

OH, now that's a different story! From what I can see in the pic of your forks, they seem to have allot of scratches that are a little to deep for normal compound, you might be able to polish them out with a high speed buffing machine, that would probably be your only chance. smile 

Justin/tiv wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

I checked out your thread, I cant tell if the chain ring is steel or aluminum. If its aluminum? that would be a whole different ball game. hmm 

I'm referring to my forks actually

great...thats what I get for listening to everyone saying aluminum foil with water wouldn't scratch them...those scratches weren't there before that. Figures huh lol. I think i'm gonna do what I can and just rock it...its not perfect but the look pretty good compared to what they were

Offline

 

#61 2012-09-01 12:49pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Sometimes when your only looking at one part by itself, it always looks worse then it really is anyway.  When you finally look at the bike as a whole, the forks wont even faze you. big_smile Bike looks great!

Justin/tiv wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

OH, now that's a different story! From what I can see in the pic of your forks, they seem to have allot of scratches that are a little to deep for normal compound, you might be able to polish them out with a high speed buffing machine, that would probably be your only chance. smile 

Justin/tiv wrote:

I'm referring to my forks actually

great...thats what I get for listening to everyone saying aluminum foil with water wouldn't scratch them...those scratches weren't there before that. Figures huh lol. I think i'm gonna do what I can and just rock it...its not perfect but the look pretty good compared to what they were

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-09-01 12:50pm)

Offline

 

#63 2012-09-01 9:21pm

Justin/tiv
Member
From: KC MO
Registered: 2012-07-20
Posts: 98
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Sometimes when your only looking at one part by itself, it always looks worse then it really is anyway.  When you finally look at the bike as a whole, the forks wont even faze you. big_smile Bike looks great!

Justin/tiv wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

OH, now that's a different story! From what I can see in the pic of your forks, they seem to have allot of scratches that are a little to deep for normal compound, you might be able to polish them out with a high speed buffing machine, that would probably be your only chance. smile 

great...thats what I get for listening to everyone saying aluminum foil with water wouldn't scratch them...those scratches weren't there before that. Figures huh lol. I think i'm gonna do what I can and just rock it...its not perfect but the look pretty good compared to what they were

Yeah when I stand back and look at them its no biggie...thanks for your help...and I'll quit taking over your thread now haha

Offline

 

#64 2012-09-03 2:44am

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

OK, now its time to ad a little creativity to this build. wink
Before.
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/Untitled-10.jpg

big_smile
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_3314-Copy-Copy.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-09-03 2:44am)

Offline

 

#65 2012-09-03 5:04am

83dback
Pro MemberLUDE
From: New Jersey
Registered: 2010-09-28
Posts: 2794
Bikes: 11

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

looks sweet!!! big_smile


Today is yesterday's tomorrow.  D€4L

Offline

 

#66 2012-09-03 11:11am

Justin/tiv
Member
From: KC MO
Registered: 2012-07-20
Posts: 98
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

That's awesome nice clean work

Offline

 

#67 2012-09-04 7:22am

polifoto
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2011-01-31
Posts: 22

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Dude, those cranks look completely awesome, along with matching seat post. big_smile

Offline

 

#68 2012-09-07 4:55pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

OK, The kids are back to school, and I can get back to work now. cool

Here is my latest addition to the build , I wanted to give this bike an extra touch of color to match the stickers. So here is what I came up with. I hope you all like it. big_smile big_smile

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_3328.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_3338.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_3337.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_3331.jpg

Offline

 

#69 2012-09-07 5:44pm

Justin/tiv
Member
From: KC MO
Registered: 2012-07-20
Posts: 98
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

this is gonna be a sweet ride...

Offline

 

#70 2012-09-07 5:45pm

KrUsTyX
Centurion Member
From: Quebec, Canada
Registered: 2012-08-05
Posts: 136
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Looks awesome!  I'm picking up a 1997 Performer tomorrow, will try to bring it back to life too! smile


1985 Haro Master - Survivor +
1988 GT Performer - Survivor +
1997 GT Performer - Beater
1995 Haro Megatube DV8 (Fluo) - Survivor

Offline

 

#71 2012-09-07 7:22pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 551
Bikes: 10

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

Nice bike your gonna build, Have fun with it. smile

KrUsTyX wrote:

Looks awesome!  I'm picking up a 1997 Performer tomorrow, will try to bring it back to life too! smile

Offline

 

#72 2012-09-07 8:00pm

ooh!me
Banned
From: Indianapolis, IN
Registered: 2012-02-27
Posts: 383

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

i have a black without a scratch needs some skyways its redonr but its original 150-50 shipping pm me. its bad as any u seen

Offline

 

#73 2012-09-07 8:24pm

BMX-Wing
Aaron O.
From: East Of Cleveland
Registered: 2009-09-03
Posts: 1411
Bikes: 23

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

I like the stickers, it looks nice. big_smile

Offline

 

#74 2012-09-08 6:56am

polifoto
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2011-01-31
Posts: 22

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

That frame looks absolutely awesome. big_smile

Offline

 

#75 2012-09-11 4:57am

bblizard
Pro Member
From: Canton - Dedham - Harwich, MA
Registered: 2011-05-24
Posts: 850
Bikes: 3

Re: 1997 DYNO Compe Restoration

great  thread!


What is and what should never be!

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →