Super rare Black Widow restoration project  RSS Feed

#1 2012-08-08 4:50pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I am finally going to begin this nightmare prodject, smile Im not sure of the year , but I do believe its from the early 70S. If any one knows the exact year Please let me know, so I can post it when I finish the build.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/nfgnxg.jpg

Offline

 

#2 2012-08-08 4:54pm

Burning River
Pro MemberBuild to Grind
From: Worst Of Cleveland
Registered: 2010-11-27
Posts: 12766
For Sale
Website

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project


When I leave , come together like buttcheeks . - Grits N' Gravy

Online

 

#3 2012-08-08 5:03pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Thanks, I have seen those. But none have an exact year. I did have this bike in another thread asking who made it. Now its time for the resto.

Offline

 

#4 2012-08-08 5:12pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

First up, the dismantle.wink
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2781.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-08 5:12pm)

Offline

 

#5 2012-08-08 6:14pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Next step. is breaking loose this stuck seat post. That someone had already tried freeing up in all the wrong ways, as you can see by this pic. hmm
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/Untitled-4.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-09 3:13am)

Offline

 

#6 2012-08-08 6:24pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I will start with some PB and let it sit over night. hopefully it will help. smile
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2725.jpg

Offline

 

#7 2012-08-09 3:21am

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Got up this morning, and put more PB on the post before I get the lock wrench out. roll If that doesnt work, it will be time to get the torch out.
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2726-1.jpg
I also am now going to start tapping it lightly with a hammer to hopefully loosen this baby up. If I cant get it loose, this prodject will be worth its weight for the scrap yard. sadsadsad
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2727-1.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-09 4:00am)

Offline

 

#8 2012-08-09 3:37pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Today I used a lock wrench to try and loosen the post up, it didn't work very well. sad

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-09 3:38pm)

Offline

 

#9 2012-08-09 3:40pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I had to get the torch out cool
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2729.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-09 3:44pm)

Offline

 

#10 2012-08-09 3:43pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

After heating it for a while, I started to twist, pull and tap. When finally I felt some movement. big_smile
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2731.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-09 3:43pm)

Offline

 

#11 2012-08-09 3:49pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

What a bleepin nightmare this thing was. yikes But I finally got it out. big_smile
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2746.jpg

Offline

 

#12 2012-08-09 4:03pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Now I have to deal with this torn and ripped up mess. sad
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2733.jpg

Offline

 

#13 2012-08-10 5:36am

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I started to straighten out the seat post to begin repairing it. It came out pretty round. My next step will be repairing the two torn areas and adding to the boched up key hole. smile
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2735.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2734-1.jpg

Last edited by I cant drive 55 (2012-08-10 5:37am)

Offline

 

#14 2012-08-10 7:39am

polifoto
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2011-01-31
Posts: 22

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

This is some project, I cant wait to see this Thing done, big_smile

Offline

 

#15 2012-08-10 10:08am

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Does anyone out there know of where I could get a 44 or 45 tooth sprocket That looks like a spider web? I thought it would look cool on this build. Thanks

Offline

 

#16 2012-08-10 2:06pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
From: Pennsylvania
Registered: 2012-02-14
Posts: 312
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Does anyone out there know of where I could get a 44 or 45 tooth sprocket That looks like a spider web? I thought it would look cool on this build. Thanks

Profile Widowmaker SS Sprocket Sprocket

http://www.acebmx.com/chainrings-bmx-c- … 1-8-p-1665

Specifications (All information is supplied by manufacturer)
 
Tooth Count 
Tooth Size 
Thickness 
Materials 
Colors 
Weight 
Miscellaneous Suggested retail: N/A
Colors: Black
Tooth Sizes: 39t, 44t
Width: 8mm thick
Materials: CNC machined billet aluminum
Weight: N/A
Special features: Unique spider web design minimizes weight yet keeps strength.


Price N/A


(WARNING) If You Value Your Life As Much As I  Value My Supergoose Don't F#%* With It!

Any donations for imaging, is welcome. But not necessary. Thank you all.
Paypal E-mail...  Tommydunn360@msn.com

Offline

 

#17 2012-08-10 2:35pm

Justin/tiv
Member
From: KC MO
Registered: 2012-07-20
Posts: 98
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

this bike is gonna be awesome man...good luck

Offline

 

#18 2012-08-10 3:09pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Dude that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks big_smile

Tommy D wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Does anyone out there know of where I could get a 44 or 45 tooth sprocket That looks like a spider web? I thought it would look cool on this build. Thanks

Profile Widowmaker SS Sprocket Sprocket

http://www.acebmx.com/chainrings-bmx-c- … 1-8-p-1665

Specifications (All information is supplied by manufacturer)
 
Tooth Count 
Tooth Size 
Thickness 
Materials 
Colors 
Weight 
Miscellaneous Suggested retail: N/A
Colors: Black
Tooth Sizes: 39t, 44t
Width: 8mm thick
Materials: CNC machined billet aluminum
Weight: N/A
Special features: Unique spider web design minimizes weight yet keeps strength.


Price N/A

Offline

 

#19 2012-08-10 3:29pm

Tommy D
Intermediate
From: Pennsylvania
Registered: 2012-02-14
Posts: 312
Bikes: 1
Website

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Dude that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks big_smile

Tommy D wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Does anyone out there know of where I could get a 44 or 45 tooth sprocket That looks like a spider web? I thought it would look cool on this build. Thanks

Profile Widowmaker SS Sprocket Sprocket

http://www.acebmx.com/chainrings-bmx-c- … 1-8-p-1665

Specifications (All information is supplied by manufacturer)
 
Tooth Count 
Tooth Size 
Thickness 
Materials 
Colors 
Weight 
Miscellaneous Suggested retail: N/A
Colors: Black
Tooth Sizes: 39t, 44t
Width: 8mm thick
Materials: CNC machined billet aluminum
Weight: N/A
Special features: Unique spider web design minimizes weight yet keeps strength.


Price N/A

lol I thought so. When you asked I knew exactly what you had in mined. I hade one, at one time wink


(WARNING) If You Value Your Life As Much As I  Value My Supergoose Don't F#%* With It!

Any donations for imaging, is welcome. But not necessary. Thank you all.
Paypal E-mail...  Tommydunn360@msn.com

Offline

 

#20 2012-08-10 3:32pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I just went to buy it and it says out of stock sad

Tommy D wrote:

I cant drive 55 wrote:

Dude that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks big_smile

Tommy D wrote:


Profile Widowmaker SS Sprocket Sprocket

http://www.acebmx.com/chainrings-bmx-c- … 1-8-p-1665

Specifications (All information is supplied by manufacturer)
 
Tooth Count 
Tooth Size 
Thickness 
Materials 
Colors 
Weight 
Miscellaneous Suggested retail: N/A
Colors: Black
Tooth Sizes: 39t, 44t
Width: 8mm thick
Materials: CNC machined billet aluminum
Weight: N/A
Special features: Unique spider web design minimizes weight yet keeps strength.


Price N/A

lol I thought so. When you asked I knew exactly what you had in mined. I hade one, at one time wink

Offline

 

#21 2012-08-10 3:41pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21855
Bikes: 7
For Sale

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Profile will look WAY put of place on that. I have one on my beach cruiser that looks old, i'd try to find one like it.


I love dead people....

Offline

 

#22 2012-08-10 3:49pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

I plan to modernize this bike A bit. smile

I am the owl... wrote:

Profile will look WAY put of place on that. I have one on my beach cruiser that looks old, i'd try to find one like it.

Offline

 

#23 2012-08-10 3:54pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

Now its time for a little cleaning up. to prep for some welding. cool
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2736.jpg

Offline

 

#24 2012-08-10 3:56pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

And then the welding began. wink
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2740.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2739.jpg

Offline

 

#25 2012-08-10 4:08pm

I cant drive 55
Expert
Registered: 2008-09-06
Posts: 552
Bikes: 10

Re: Super rare Black Widow restoration project

After welding for a while this is how it ended up! big_smile
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2745.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/leangreen914/IMG_2741.jpg

Offline

 

Board footer