apology in order  RSS Feed

#51 2011-11-29 5:00pm

SuperDave4130
Pro MemberResident Rationalist
Bikes: 2
For Sale

Re: apology in order

I'm very sorry to hear the news about your cancer. sad I lost a friend who was a fellow Oakland Raiders fan to brain cancer a few years ago.My sister has a medical marijuana card for her glaucoma and I prefer smoking a bowl of the chronic over drinking alcohol. It's the lobbyists for the pharmaceutical companies who give congressmen and senators kickbacks to keep marijuana illegal while they push prescription drugs that are far more dangerous than the hippie lettuce. mad As someone who has suffered from depression and was prescribed Paxil,I can honestly say that the Paxil made me suicidal and that I was better off smoking marijuana.

Doing my part to infuriate the religious right.                                       Soccer isn't a sport,it's a reason to riot.          Howie Long for Raiders GM!!!

#52 2011-11-29 5:05pm

nason
BMXer 4 Life

God be with u bro

#53 2011-11-29 5:12pm

oldschoolfool74
Pro Member
For Sale

iw ill be fine , someone always has it worse. I know there are many people out there worse off. No food no shelter nothing. so i am cool just wanna try to relocate to the great west like colorado or northern cali. where it is epic and the ultimate. i am trying to move first of the year. trying to nail down a job. Think i might have one east bay san fran like wlanut creek ? but never know til i get there. never figured with 20 years experience it would be so hard to get a job. but all in time.

I am in a van down by the river.

#54 2011-11-29 5:21pm

jx2k1
Intermediate
Bikes: 1

Dude, sorry about your situation, it sucks. It sounds like you have a great attitude about it all, and above everyting else, this will be your best ally in the fight you have ahead of you. If I were to offer any advice it would be to "grab the throttle and crack it wide open, the bumps feel smaller when you're giving it all you've got!" Good vibes and prayers sent your way, and if there's anything I could offer that would help you, just ask.

#55 2011-11-29 5:34pm

flock53
Pro Member
For Sale

oldschoolfool74 wrote:

iw ill be fine , someone always has it worse. I know there are many people out there worse off. No food no shelter nothing. so i am cool just wanna try to relocate to the great west like colorado or northern cali. where it is epic and the ultimate. i am trying to move first of the year. trying to nail down a job. Think i might have one east bay san fran like wlanut creek ? but never know til i get there. never figured with 20 years experience it would be so hard to get a job. but all in time.

True that. Ive been in the radiation room and infusion room w/ my own cancer. NOT dire, just pesky BUT can always travel as yours did so the scare is always there. Im lucky and have a great family base and a 6 and 1 yr old boys that keep a smile on my face. GODSPEED brother, its a sh1ty fraternity we are in sad  Thoughts/Prayers are with you

#56 2011-11-29 5:35pm

larock
Pro Member
Bikes: 31
For Sale

Wow!
Don't even know what to say! You are a brave soul for sure. Even though we've never met I wish you the best in your final journey whatever it might be! Positive thoughts and prayers out to you!
William aka larock

WTB 70's BMX
Don't Hutch Yourself!

#57 2011-11-29 5:43pm

phishfarm73
Pro Member
For Sale

Sorry to hear this! Just want to say my friend's dad was given 1 year to live,back in 2003ish,he did my brakes this past Sunday smile ! He's not that guy that's going to sit there and pitty party himself!  He does smoke herb,I dont think that's truly the only (or main) reason why he's still here,but I do think it has helped him! It's a shame that people are not properly medicated,because of some old fashioned way of thinking! The studies were done year's ago,and they have proven time and time again that the + benifit's of ganja out weigh the  -'s! I got a petty weed charge several year's ago,and was forced to stop smoking ,so I went to a doc,to see about getting my anxiety level, and depression under control. Well long story short ,she prescribed me enough Xanex,and Kalodapin to zombify an elephant (3 pills twice a day)! I had no motivation,sat around depressed for 9 months not wanting to work ,and gained 30 pound's! I gave up the med's with all the ingredient's that I cant pronounce,and went back to self medicating, yes it's illegal,but I'm not misserable,that's important to me and my fam! Stay possitive,and stop saying 6 to 8 months out loud,no body know's that #!! smile

Little pink houses for you and me...
[img]http://www.nchl.com/hockey/images/TeamLogos100/Purble%20Cobras%20Logo%20Web.gif[/img]

#58 2011-11-30 1:59am

grapekrate71
Expert

i hope something changes for the better,i wish you the best.i hope your life is happy and painless,i will be praying for you.

i pay fast ,you ship fast.

#59 2011-11-30 3:09am

abozny
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Ran across this post. So sorry to hear it !!!

Don't give up !! Keep on fighting !!

God bless

Signature

#60 2011-11-30 2:24pm

dirtman
Intermediate

So sorry to hear the bad news,Well i wish you a miracale and ill pray for you as well.godspeed my friend:(

Mr.tig welder

#61 2011-11-30 2:53pm

00_Duck
Pro Member
Bikes: 12
For Sale
Website

I subscribe to Livestrong on facebook and this was posted today. I thought it was an interesting article.
http://thehairpin.com/2011/11/tips-on-s … ur-cancer/

I see you have already started a list of things you want to accomplish. I say go for it and don't look back.....damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

If you haven't already checked it out you should definitely checkout www.livestrong.org  Lots of good stuff and support there as well.

#62 2011-11-30 5:21pm

oldschoolfool74
Pro Member
For Sale

i did volunteer work with the livestrong program at the ymca. awsome program just could not afford the drive anymore. looking to relocate to northern cali. but need to staple down a job. or colorado but heard it is expensive to live there. trying to find a automotive job since i got twenty years in that field. trying to go where there is low humidity and not super hot. also a place to ride my 2 stroke motorcycles , gotta love the eighties. and close to lakes,

#63 2011-11-30 5:44pm

ridingdirty42
Pro MemberSINGLE SERVING FRIEND
Bikes: 36
For Sale

I know this may come off weird or churchy but if you've accepted Christ as your Savior you are not alone, he has extended you Grace and all you have to do is accept it, there is no checklist, no hoops to jump through, no smoke and mirrors. Fight the good fight. I am SO hesitant to hit the SUBMIT button but here goes. Please don't slam me.
Ryan

I have a bunch of good old school stuff for sale in the beta section, check it out!

#64 2011-11-30 6:45pm

YankeeJim
Pro Member27 & Counting...
For Sale

Don't you apologize for anything!  mad

Just keep fighting that bass-turn with everything you got.  We're praying for ya bro!

HELLTRACK BYLAW 812.3 BRAVO-
To be eligible, a rider must be sponsored by a company with at least $50,000 in sales.

#65 2011-11-30 6:55pm

Rod Miles
Fighting the beast.... AND WINNING!

God bless you brother, I will pray for you. I just been down that road and so far I'm OK....or so I have been told that.  I know what your sayin when you talk of the memory loss......it hits me daily. I had chemo and 8  weeks of my head being cooked by radaition..not good at all sad  Keep your positive outlook and enjoy the time you have........live and love like there is no tomorrow!!
I know I beat my first round and pray I dont have another but I also know none of us is promised tomorrow...... I will pray that god touches you and heals you.

Again God bless you!

Rod Miles

#66 2011-11-30 7:02pm

BUGSYREGAL
Cyclecraft Junkie

ridingdirty42 wrote:

I know this may come off weird or churchy but if you've accepted Christ as your Savior you are not alone, he has extended you Grace and all you have to do is accept it, there is no checklist, no hoops to jump through, no smoke and mirrors. Fight the good fight. I am SO hesitant to hit the SUBMIT button but here goes. Please don't slam me.
Ryan

+100 brother..

just cause a "doc" says you have x amount of time that doesnt make it so.. the good Lord has laid out trials for us and expects us to fight for ourselves and Him..

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! 

Prayers are on their way now..

If I owe you feedback just let me know. I'm nuts, crazy, scatter brained and just plain forgetful sometimes.

#67 2011-11-30 7:05pm

oldschoolfool74
Pro Member
For Sale

ridingdirty42 wrote:

Ryan

Ryan i have. it is the only way i made through life. much less through first round of cancer. I just always thought i could settle down have time to cruise around in a fast jet boat , crank on my two strokes and cruise on my titans. maybe meet a cool woman and have a family. But when it is your time to go can not change it.
I really feel if i can get out of here, move to a different place. get my med card for some medical marijuana. i think it could really help me and definitely lower my stress. it has been documented and proven this is a high area of cancer, and harsh place to live.the ohio river valley is bad for allergies and alot more. rated as one of the most depressive places.
So i am trying to pin down a job in northern cali, close to some nice lakes, nature and laid back. so i have been appyling like crazy online. and hoping i get a offer and relocate then.

#68 2011-11-30 7:17pm

lowrider
Pro Member
Bikes: 20
For Sale

oldschoolfool74 wrote:

i wish you the very best bro. hopefully the doctors are wrong and you beat this! if you can make it out here to norcal, walnut creek is a good area to live. im about 35 miles from there in hayward and you are welcome to come buy and talk bmx. if you've never been in a lowrider i'll take you for a ride you wont forget too! wink

pm me if you have any questions or want to talk... cool

[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]
wanted: 20" blue freestyle tires

#69 2011-11-30 7:26pm

rotkisak
Expert
Bikes: 9

God speed........God speed.

#70 2011-11-30 9:32pm

oldharo
Museum Addict
Bikes: 3

SuperDave4130 wrote:

As someone who has suffered from depression and was prescribed Paxil,I can honestly say that the Paxil made me suicidal and that I was better off smoking marijuana.

i can relate to that, although i havent smoked in 13 years or so, i too have struggled with depression and was on paxil, xanax, and ativan... all they did was make me numb

if im numb i want it to be a pleasant numbness wink

WANTED: DIRTWERX decals, 85/86 master f/f in chrome w/ high forkstander mounts, 85 master bars in blue, green rx-3 levers, white gyro, green "h" spoke mags, haro chrome fluted post, snakebelly knockoffs in black skinwall 20x1.75

#71 2011-11-30 9:49pm

holeshot420
Centurion Member

Sorry to hear man.sad prayers go out to you. My wife just went through 3 months of radiation, and surgery for cervical cancer. It can hit anyone at anytime..........

"Don't think twice, you only live once."

#72 2011-12-03 12:13am

mattygaff
Pro Member
For Sale

oldschoolfool74 wrote:

I apologize and also in advance. I found out i have had my cancer come back. But this time in my brain. a couple tumors. came up on scans last week. six to eight months is what i have. So if i have been off or not right i apologize. I am running out of time. I just wanna do a couple things before i have to sign off. Alot of you guys have been really helpful, cool, and given some stellar deals. I appreciate all the help. I lost alot of memory to chemo brain from the first time with cancer. It effects memory, short and long term. so alot of your stories help trigger what is left.
I really try hard to keep it together but it is hard. so it is a big deal for me telling strangers. I just wanted to clear the air.
so now you know if you think i am crazy. well i am. You wanna what my problem is i have a brain tumor, lol. funny line from a movie  called moving with richard pryor and dennis quaid. sorry i am trying here.
so good luck and i hope the best for everyone. i hope no one has to go through what i am going through, much less alone. enjoy life and dont forget to call a old friend becuase time does fly and things do happen.
thanks everyone and once again i apologize

Ugh.  This makes me sick to hear.  I am a cancer survivor - had a tumor the size of a nerf football in my abdomen.  I was fortunate through the surgery/chemo, and have been cancer free since.  My obligation to you, and all the other cancer patients who lost their battles, is to live life to its fullest and make the absolute best out of my second chance at a cancer free life.  God bless you.

"MOM!  Throw down some money!  The Ice Cream Man is coming!"  - Eddie Murphy

#73 2011-12-03 12:20am

brandonbig
Pro Member
Bikes: 5
For Sale

Keep your head up brother!

#74 2011-12-03 12:31am

Dirty Habits
Banned
Bikes: 38

Bro So Sad............Here's Something To Make You Smile!!! (Like Your Avatar) smile

Last edited by Dirty Habits (2011-12-03 12:45am)

#75 2011-12-03 7:09am

steve43-4
Banned
Bikes: 4

no need to ever apologize...your in a fight for your life...we are standing behind you here..just you being able to talk about shows mad strength...DO EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO-BUT FIGHT MAN...GET BETTER!!

life is short-snag it & ride it before its gone.

Board footer