1981 Diamondback Pro  RSS Feed

#1 2011-06-17 1:23am

dpvgoat
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 1

1981 Diamondback Pro

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/diamondback_copy6.jpg

1981 Diamondback Pro

Bought this bike from a guy who bought it brand new in 1982... serial# 1F0211 with the baseball stamp at the end.  Bike is in great shape.. all original down to the warn snake's.. no rust or dings.  L

Parts list?

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

#2 2011-06-24 5:11am

repnout
Centurion Member
Bikes: 42

Re: 1981 Diamondback Pro

hey mate , how's it goin, nice first project to restore back to its former glory, what are your plans for this DB survivor?
P.S  Thanks for checking out my builds and adding them to your favorites, much appreciated. Iv'e got some more to add i've just been lazy in doing so.
Cheers BILL

#3 2011-06-24 7:17am

dpvgoat
Museum Newbie

Hey Bill, I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to build it.. any suggestions...I know I'm gonna put new bars on it.. need a seat and post...  I'm not sure if I'll stay with the same color combo or not... But I will post pics when I do this summer.  Interesting though, About 3 days before I found this complete bike I bought a 81 DB pro frame and fork from a guy just to build and have.. it's got a couple dings in it (actually a good sized ding in the fork) and I may do something realy cool with it.. powder coat it orange or something with blue components... something really bright and loud..

#4 2011-06-24 8:58am

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archeologist
Bikes: 12
For Sale

Hi dpvgoat. Nice grab! Would you believe I emailed the fellow in Spokane over this same bike. I guess you had already spoken with him at that time. This is exactly like the bike I raced in the early 80s. I am glad it found its way to a member on the museum smile I would personally look at restoring her to her former glory (chrome and blue). If you ever want to get rid of her please think of me cool

Here is a great example of how well these look http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=165960

Anyway, I look forward to seeing whatever you decide to do with her. Peace!

C H I L L  B R O

"China has been there for 3,000 years, has contempt for the barbarians, is overcoming a century of domination, and simply moves on its own. (China) does not get intimidated when Uncle Sam shakes his fist." - Noam Chomsky

#5 2011-06-26 12:10am

dpvgoat
Museum Newbie

Axel, Thanks for the e-mail  I don't know if I'll go with blue tires, but that link gave me a good look and nice clean looking blue and chrome.  I would consider trades for a red Team Mongoose... or a red Rampar R 11 XL.... those are the 2 bikes I grew up riding... I got the bug about 5 years ago when I built an mid 90's GT for my son, he loves it.  I was always a fan of DB, but never knew anyone that had one.  I am shocked at how good of shape this bike is in... I need to rebuild the wheels and get a seat post and a seat, and maybe replace the sticker on the head tube and bottom rear tube.  On a side note I found a frame and for of the same DB 3 days before I found this complete bike.  not sure what I'll do with it.  It has some dings in it, so I know it's not worth much, I may save it and just build another one for fun..  I do believe I grabbed a great bike to get back into my BMX youth...  I think the tear down will begin next weekend.
Dan

Board footer