1982 Ammaco Mongoose  RSS Feed

#1 2011-02-16 12:56am

freestyle boy
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 10

1982 Ammaco Mongoose

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf1276_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf1277.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf1278.jpg

1982 Ammaco Mongoose

1982 mongoose by ammaco

this is a 82 ammaco mongoose built for the brithish bmx market, rebuilt by myself took some time but shes there..

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

#2 2011-02-16 4:21am

cnc6306
Oakley goggles man
Bikes: 2

Re: 1982 Ammaco Mongoose

very nice cool

TOPHER

#3 2011-02-17 9:09am

Dollar Dave
Centurion Member
Bikes: 4

Built for British BMX Market, so where was it built?

Magazine Cover Total BMX November 1981. South Park,Pittsburgh,Pa. NBL War of the Stars Pro Class.

Looking for a Blue Vinyl Mongoose Frame Pad:Looking for a 1st Generation Blue Mongoose Number Plate. Looking for 1st Generation Mongoose Velcro Pads Black.

All NOS or VERY CLEAN.

#4 2011-02-17 11:52pm

johnng23604
U seen my "baseball"
Bikes: 44
Website

What info or history do you know about these bikes and their contracted work which was authorized by mongoose?
I like the extra bottom gusset ur's has, which is also found on the american '75 - early '77 mongoose's stateside.

Are you leaving it "as is" or eventually gonna change out some of the newer mid school/new school stuff off of your Ammoco for period correct or mongoose parts?

Either way it is a nice and very cool Ammaco, saved as a fave!

Last edited by johnng23604 (2011-02-17 11:59pm)

I'm looking for the following frames, frame & forks or completes by BMX products:
MotoTrac (nickle or chrome), Racer-X or a Super-X (with the double gussets).
Thanks wink
I'm also johnng23604 at "Retro-goose", "VintageBMX" & "RADbmx"

#5 2011-02-21 10:01am

freestyle boy
Museum Newbie

A budget british goose made by Ammaco..........

OK so for those not in the know - Ammaco (founded by Malcom Jarvis) were the UK importer / distributor of mongoose bicycles in the UK. After the success of this relationship with mongoose (and Skip Hess) Ammaco began to manufacture their own bikes and also built a "mongoose badged" budget bike built by Ammaco under license/agreement from mongoose/Skip Hess. It's loosely based on the gusset goose frame but the welds are inferior and the geometry is quite different. Like I say it's a budget bike. Ammaco also went on to build another "budget goose" under license later on called the Grand Prix - this time loosely based on the Californian.

My bike shown here is 99% factory spec - started as a survivor - I stripped it down cleaned and polished it and replaced some worn/damaged parts..... Tyres/Padset/Levers/Grips/Brake Pads and that's it.

#6 2011-02-21 10:02am

freestyle boy
Museum Newbie

OK so for those not in the know - Ammaco (founded by Malcom Jarvis) were the UK importer / distributor of mongoose bicycles in the UK. After the success of this relationship with mongoose (and Skip Hess) Ammaco began to manufacture their own bikes and also built a "mongoose badged" budget bike built by Ammaco under license/agreement from mongoose/Skip Hess. It's loosely based on the gusset goose frame but the welds are inferior and the geometry is quite different. Like I say it's a budget bike. Ammaco also went on to build another "budget goose" under license later on called the Grand Prix - this time loosely based on the Californian.

#7 2011-02-22 11:12am

johnng23604
U seen my "baseball"
Bikes: 44
Website

freestyle boy wrote:

Okay thanks for the info.

I'm looking for the following frames, frame & forks or completes by BMX products:
MotoTrac (nickle or chrome), Racer-X or a Super-X (with the double gussets).
Thanks wink
I'm also johnng23604 at "Retro-goose", "VintageBMX" & "RADbmx"

#8 2012-04-29 10:08pm

rotkisak
Expert
Bikes: 9

Nice....thanks for.e info.as well.  Looks just like my diamond back but with mongoose srickers on it.   Learn something new everyday!big_smile

Board footer