.::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.  RSS Feed

#51 2010-12-19 9:18pm

lowrider
Pro Member
From: NorCal to North Texas
Registered: 2010-04-06
Posts: 2677
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

goride70 wrote:

4130 wrote:

I'll be happy to RIDE...just be sure to be there on time! Hahahahaaaa!!

Im gonna postpone my ride til the weather gets better.I forgot it likes to rain in December.Hopefully the rain will stay away on the 31st.
Hey are there any eastbay riders that ride,Where are all the riders in Hayward,san leandro, castro valley?Or all you guys just collectors and dont get you bikes dirty?If you're in the eastbay and wanna get your ride on hit me up!!
chfrcka@yahoo.com

im in hayward and have plenty of bikes that ride but there freestyle bikes so im not sure how well i would hang on some trails hmm  plus its hard to get time with work, wife, kids, etc. but i would love to get out for a ride one of these days... im also a little on the rusty side though lol


[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#52 2010-12-20 9:31pm

goride70
Museum Addict
From: Hayward, CA
Registered: 2008-03-01
Posts: 1171
Bikes: 4

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

lowrider wrote:

goride70 wrote:

4130 wrote:

I'll be happy to RIDE...just be sure to be there on time! Hahahahaaaa!!

Im gonna postpone my ride til the weather gets better.I forgot it likes to rain in December.Hopefully the rain will stay away on the 31st.
Hey are there any eastbay riders that ride,Where are all the riders in Hayward,san leandro, castro valley?Or all you guys just collectors and dont get you bikes dirty?If you're in the eastbay and wanna get your ride on hit me up!!
chfrcka@yahoo.com

im in hayward and have plenty of bikes that ride but there freestyle bikes so im not sure how well i would hang on some trails hmm  plus its hard to get time with work, wife, kids, etc. but i would love to get out for a ride one of these days... im also a little on the rusty side though lol

That's cool.I hang out with a flatlander in CV at Area Cyles once in awhile.Weather sucks right now but email me if you got some time to ride.


Drive monkey,drive!!

Offline

 

#53 2010-12-21 5:28pm

jakalope
Member
From: San Francisco, CA
Registered: 2010-04-02
Posts: 53
Bikes: 2
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

radbmx77 wrote:

Hi,

We are planning to have an informal bicycle swapmeet/garage sale in the downtown San Jose area on Sunday December 19, 2010 from 1-5pm. There is no cost to attend or sell. Location will be outdoors in the parking lot of a business across the street from Mel Cottons Sporting Goods store. Rain or shine, if it rains, we have access to move the event indoors to a warehouse. We will also have access to music, power, and some cooking facilities, so bring your own food/BBQ/drinks if you want to make it a holiday party-type thing. We have about 40 people signed up to sell so far, so we are looking for a few more people to fill up the lot. You can also sell whatever you'd like to including clothes, records, toys, electronics, collectibles? We only ask that those looking to sell for profit aka food/clothes/electronics vendors & distributors not use this event to sell. This is an informal gathering of friends who collect/ride/and use bicycles to sell off some of their parts to make some extra cash for the holidays. We welcome other like-minded cyclists!

Please respond to the anonymous email address to express your interest in attending. Please state if you are coming to sell or buy or both. Maybe privy us to what you might be bringing if you are selling? We just want to get a headcount, thanks! I will respond to you with the location of the swapmeet in downtown San Jose. It will be easily accessed by Caltrain, VTA, or freeway if you are coming from out of town! Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!

Again, this is free & open to the public.
There will be mostly bicycle parts for sale/swap at this event, but feel free to bring/sell/trade whatever you'd like!

**UPDATE: WE NEED MORE SELLERS. WE HAVE ABOUT 40 PEOPLE SIGNED UP TO SELL SO FAR,
ONCE CONFIRMED, WE WILL BE ADVERTISING THE ADDRESS/LOCATION TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC (BUYERS)
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL YOUR STUFF. MAKE THAT EXTRA CA$H FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!**

Ugh! I missed it by 2 days. How did it go?


• NOS White Dia-Compe Tech 3 or 4 levers
• White Upper Gen 1 Gyro cables
• Black ano cranks for '87 Haro Master
• WTB anything Patterson

Offline

 

#54 2010-12-21 5:30pm

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

jakalope wrote:

radbmx77 wrote:

Hi,

We are planning to have an informal bicycle swapmeet/garage sale in the downtown San Jose area on Sunday December 19, 2010 from 1-5pm. There is no cost to attend or sell. Location will be outdoors in the parking lot of a business across the street from Mel Cottons Sporting Goods store. Rain or shine, if it rains, we have access to move the event indoors to a warehouse. We will also have access to music, power, and some cooking facilities, so bring your own food/BBQ/drinks if you want to make it a holiday party-type thing. We have about 40 people signed up to sell so far, so we are looking for a few more people to fill up the lot. You can also sell whatever you'd like to including clothes, records, toys, electronics, collectibles? We only ask that those looking to sell for profit aka food/clothes/electronics vendors & distributors not use this event to sell. This is an informal gathering of friends who collect/ride/and use bicycles to sell off some of their parts to make some extra cash for the holidays. We welcome other like-minded cyclists!

Please respond to the anonymous email address to express your interest in attending. Please state if you are coming to sell or buy or both. Maybe privy us to what you might be bringing if you are selling? We just want to get a headcount, thanks! I will respond to you with the location of the swapmeet in downtown San Jose. It will be easily accessed by Caltrain, VTA, or freeway if you are coming from out of town! Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!

Again, this is free & open to the public.
There will be mostly bicycle parts for sale/swap at this event, but feel free to bring/sell/trade whatever you'd like!

**UPDATE: WE NEED MORE SELLERS. WE HAVE ABOUT 40 PEOPLE SIGNED UP TO SELL SO FAR,
ONCE CONFIRMED, WE WILL BE ADVERTISING THE ADDRESS/LOCATION TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC (BUYERS)
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL YOUR STUFF. MAKE THAT EXTRA CA$H FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!**

Ugh! I missed it by 2 days. How did it go?

Very wet and not much turn out for BMX. I hear there is a swap meet in Salinas on Sunday, but I have no details.

Offline

 

#55 2010-12-23 7:47pm

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

Just heard about this swap meet. Happening this Sunday December 26th. Craigslist link is below.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/bik/2089604162.html

Offline

 

#56 2010-12-26 8:53pm

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

bloud wrote:

Just heard about this swap meet. Happening this Sunday December 26th. Craigslist link is below.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/bik/2089604162.html

Frickin cold, gasoline, fire and I amazingly scored some Cateye RR-250 reflectors from Xavier. Frickin REFLECTORS! It made the whole event for me, seriously...big_smile

That's how todays event went.

Last edited by bloud (2010-12-26 8:54pm)

Offline

 

#57 2010-12-26 10:27pm

goride70
Museum Addict
From: Hayward, CA
Registered: 2008-03-01
Posts: 1171
Bikes: 4

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

Eastbay bike party Jan14th meet up at bayfair bart ride down to Dirty Bird lounge in south Hayward.730pm
http://eastbaybikeparty.wordpress.com/


Drive monkey,drive!!

Offline

 

#58 2011-01-07 11:17am

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

Any bay area folks know Larry Ruiz? Is he still around or does anyone have contact info for him? PM me if so.

Offline

 

#59 2011-01-20 10:13pm

casper
Centurion Member
From: San Jose, CA
Registered: 2009-02-18
Posts: 222

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

WE WILL BE HAVING OUR 1ST OF THE YEAR BMX SWAP ON JAN 29. STARTS AT 8AM-? THATS ON A SATURDAY. THERE WILL BE LOTS OF OLD SCHOOL BMX BIKES, PARTS FROM THE 70'S AND 80'S. RACE AND FREESTYLE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME SELL OR TRADE SOME OF YOUR OLD SCHOOL BIKES OR PARTS THERE WILL PLENTY OF ROOM . SO YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME BY PHONE SO I CAN SAVE YOU A SPOT. RAIN OR SHINE ITS GONNA HAPPEN. THE ADDRESS IS 4643 APTOS AVE. SAN JOSE 95111. MY NAME IS JAVIER. SEE YOU THERE ON SATURDAY. BMX BMX BMX BMX HUTCH 1975 MONGOOSE PK RIPPER DG AA DIAMOND BACK SCHWINN COOKS BRO GT POWERLITE TRICKSTAR PANDA SPEEDO FORKS MX100 BRAKES MX-60 MOTO MAGS TUF WHEELS TUF NECK BLK ANO RED TUF NECK GOLD TUF NECK BOSS CRANKS BOSS FRAMES CYCLEPRO SEATS ARAYA RIMS EVERY COLOR TO MUCH TO LIST 408 580-7927.

Offline

 

#60 2011-01-20 10:21pm

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"
From: Nor-Cal
Registered: 2010-02-22
Posts: 7325
Bikes: 15

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

casper wrote:

WE WILL BE HAVING OUR 1ST OF THE YEAR BMX SWAP ON JAN 29. STARTS AT 8AM-? THATS ON A SATURDAY. THERE WILL BE LOTS OF OLD SCHOOL BMX BIKES, PARTS FROM THE 70'S AND 80'S. RACE AND FREESTYLE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME SELL OR TRADE SOME OF YOUR OLD SCHOOL BIKES OR PARTS THERE WILL PLENTY OF ROOM . SO YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME BY PHONE SO I CAN SAVE YOU A SPOT. RAIN OR SHINE ITS GONNA HAPPEN. THE ADDRESS IS 4643 APTOS AVE. SAN JOSE 95111. MY NAME IS JAVIER. SEE YOU THERE ON SATURDAY. BMX BMX BMX BMX HUTCH 1975 MONGOOSE PK RIPPER DG AA DIAMOND BACK SCHWINN COOKS BRO GT POWERLITE TRICKSTAR PANDA SPEEDO FORKS MX100 BRAKES MX-60 MOTO MAGS TUF WHEELS TUF NECK BLK ANO RED TUF NECK GOLD TUF NECK BOSS CRANKS BOSS FRAMES CYCLEPRO SEATS ARAYA RIMS EVERY COLOR TO MUCH TO LIST 408 580-7927.

I need stuff for the skyway!!! Yahooooooo


RAD IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON AN OFFICIAL DVD!!!! Don't be fooled..
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/mongoose-logo1.jpg[/img][img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/skyway-logo.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#61 2011-01-28 6:52pm

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

See whomever is coming to the swap tomorrow!

Offline

 

#62 2011-01-28 9:50pm

lowrider
Pro Member
From: NorCal to North Texas
Registered: 2010-04-06
Posts: 2677
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

im gonna try to swing through... cool


[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#63 2011-01-28 9:53pm

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"
From: Nor-Cal
Registered: 2010-02-22
Posts: 7325
Bikes: 15

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

Be there around 10 or so....


RAD IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON AN OFFICIAL DVD!!!! Don't be fooled..
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/mongoose-logo1.jpg[/img][img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/skyway-logo.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#64 2011-01-29 8:36pm

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

A couple photos I took today. Pretty good turn out. It was a good tire day for me.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/bloud222/Norcal%20BMX%20pics/NorCalSwap-Jan-29-2s.jpg
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/bloud222/Norcal%20BMX%20pics/NorCalSwap-Jan-29-1s.jpg
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/bloud222/Norcal%20BMX%20pics/NorCalSwap-Jan-29-3s.jpg

Offline

 

#65 2011-01-30 1:54am

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"
From: Nor-Cal
Registered: 2010-02-22
Posts: 7325
Bikes: 15

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

twas a good time.. Good grub too...


RAD IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON AN OFFICIAL DVD!!!! Don't be fooled..
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/mongoose-logo1.jpg[/img][img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/skyway-logo.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#66 2011-01-30 5:39am

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

bones977 wrote:

twas a good time.. Good grub too...

You must have got there late. I did not see you.

Offline

 

#67 2011-01-30 6:09am

us_boss2
Museum Addict
From: Maryland
Registered: 2006-11-10
Posts: 1409
Bikes: 36

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

must be nice to live in cali/bay area


U.S Boss for life! I sell new school bmx parts,look me up for your needs
Im looking for a black cal lite scoprion frame pad.Looking for hutch alum hub/hubs set.20.1x75 comp 4 tire

Offline

 

#68 2011-01-30 9:32am

lowrider
Pro Member
From: NorCal to North Texas
Registered: 2010-04-06
Posts: 2677
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

i was late too, but better late than never! big_smile

had a good time, thanks guys....


[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#69 2011-01-30 1:39pm

goride70
Museum Addict
From: Hayward, CA
Registered: 2008-03-01
Posts: 1171
Bikes: 4

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

Damn,I missed out.I like that green Haro Blammo out in front.


Drive monkey,drive!!

Offline

 

#70 2011-01-30 5:00pm

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"
From: Nor-Cal
Registered: 2010-02-22
Posts: 7325
Bikes: 15

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

i got there around 1030 and left at like 1230 or a little later...


RAD IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON AN OFFICIAL DVD!!!! Don't be fooled..
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/mongoose-logo1.jpg[/img][img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/skyway-logo.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#71 2011-01-30 5:05pm

bloud
Expert
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-02-23
Posts: 698
Bikes: 4
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

bones977 wrote:

i got there around 1030 and left at like 1230 or a little later...

We just missed each other somehow. Think I left about 11.

Offline

 

#72 2011-01-30 6:54pm

xavier
Centurion Member
From: SALINAS THE SALAD BOWL
Registered: 2010-09-11
Posts: 155

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

I WANT THANK YOU THAT HELP ME AND MY BMX BUDDYS MAKE THIS HAPPEN IT WAS GOOD TURN OUT LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT SWAP AT TONYS IN MARTINEZ .ONCE AGAIN THANKSALL MY BMX BRO .CHAFFA BMX CHAFFA BMX PRODUCTION .


CHAFFA  BMX STRIKES AGAIN!!

Offline

 

#73 2011-02-10 9:26am

bones977
"RAD JUNKIE"
From: Nor-Cal
Registered: 2010-02-22
Posts: 7325
Bikes: 15

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

I heard something about a Maritnez thing again? any truth in that????????


RAD IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON AN OFFICIAL DVD!!!! Don't be fooled..
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/mongoose-logo1.jpg[/img][img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/bones977/Decorated%20images/skyway-logo.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#74 2011-02-10 9:32am

missnova
Pro Member
From: NorCal
Registered: 2008-10-25
Posts: 252
Bikes: 11
Website

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

bones977 wrote:

I heard something about a Maritnez thing again? any truth in that????????

It looks true....cool

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=299591


"Keep true to the dreams of thy youth."
                                                  - Friedrich von Schiller

Offline

 

#75 2011-02-12 6:35pm

xavier
Centurion Member
From: SALINAS THE SALAD BOWL
Registered: 2010-09-11
Posts: 155

Re: .::THE BAY AREA EVENTS THREAD::.

Chafa bmx wil be haven big swap and and old school bmx amd vintage 70s bike at helyer park in san jose ca. Work n on get permit for the show this event will big april this will take place in april.iwill be posting the dates   cool


CHAFFA  BMX STRIKES AGAIN!!

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →