1987 Schwinn Predator Free Form Pro  RSS Feed

#1 2009-10-01 1:40pm

xvespamarkx
Bikes: 8
Website

1987 Schwinn Predator Free Form Pro

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscn2412_copy2.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscn2206.jpg

1987 Schwinn Predator Free Form Pro

The never ending project.

I bought this frame from a friend who had owned it since it was almost new. Most of the parts are missing or broken and all I got was what is in the last picture. At some point the pink paint was stripped off, which is a shame. Finding original parts sucks, but I'm almost there. I know I'm one of at least a few people on this forum trying to complete one of these.
Update: I now have a stem, crank, nicer seat and better Rotor thanks to eBay and the museum for sale thread. I had new wheels built that are close to the originals, and I have since found an original front wheel. I have also since tracked down the original white Nippon front brake from the original owner and a set of scratched up pink bars off eBay that will be refinished white. I also got some Porkchop tires instead of NOS so I can ride this thing when it's done and not just park it in the living room and wipe it with a diaper all day. I still need to track down the power disk/chainring, pedals, brake levers, seat post clamp and crank bearing set. I now have decals though!

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Need for an '87 Free Form Pro: Rear wheel, chain ring/power disc, and brake levers.

#2 2009-12-14 9:47pm

irishbikeguy
Bikes: 5
Website

Re: 1987 Schwinn Predator Free Form Pro

This is so sad! I have my 1987 schwinn on this site now plus I have an ad showing this bike stock. Goodluck on the restore!

Remember to bike the Globe,
Tim Odiee

#3 2010-07-14 6:20am

midschooler
Museum Addict
Bikes: 47

Cool bike. I wish I could help ya with the decals but only 2 of mine are not toast.

I pick up what you throw out                                                                                                          Lookin for uncut blast bars!!!!!!!!!!!
O.G.O.A.R.                                                                                                                                                                Midwest BMX

#4 2014-07-19 4:08pm

pugly1978
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale

The power disk is on ebay right now. And a seat post clamp, but you would need to paint it as it is scratched up. Where did you get the decals? I have a pink frame with the white bars and pink forks that I am thinking about selling as I bought a red/chrome frame, forks, and bars to build the red one because I already have a pink one finished, and a blue one complete, so I am now completing the red one. The extra pink one I will either strip to build the chrome one(like yours), so I have all 4. Perhaps maybe trading frames would be a possibility? Save us both a hassle. The one I got has a few nicks and small scratches in it, but I have a color of fingernail polish that is an exact match for touch up. The decals on the one I have are in pretty nice shape. I do need another set though, so where did you get them? If we traded, I would need the decals with it probably. What do you think? Just a thought!!!

Go ahead and run, you'll only die tired!!

Board footer