S&M hoarders unite  RSS Feed

#12126 2012-08-29 4:32pm

suicidepan
Pro MemberSuper D ~ drchopper
From: California
Registered: 2008-08-26
Posts: 3160
Bikes: 42
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

MonocoqueMike wrote:

suicidepan wrote:

My Bro collected early rare S&M bikes and had nothing to do with new school S&M so it would be pointless for me to do a tribute build with something he had no interest in.............and yes there are alot of FU@ked up people out there and I`m not stupid I know at what price I`m going to call it a day and if I lose we`ll see who the A$$hole is that had no respect when the bike surfaces....... I would much rather that somebody contact me with a frame to sell, I would greatly appreciate that.

Ok, I've seen this go on long enough.  Let me first state that I am not in the running for this bike and I won't be bidding on it.  That being said, you are WAY out of line here.  I understand that you are trying to do a tribute to your friend, but you have no right telling people what to do or how to spend their money.  How do you know that someone hasn't been looking for this bike for years and this might be their last chance to get one for another couple years?  It could have been the same bike that they had as a child and they want to relive their youth.  That person would not be a a$$hole for getting that bike. 

You say you know what price you are going to bow out at....well, what if your "reserve price" was met and I was willing to go above and beyond that price and the auction ends for less than what I was willing to pay?  Then neither of us get the frame and I'd be kicking myself asking why I didn't bid.

You can't ask someone not to bid on something on eBay.  I've been around the hobby for quite a few years now and it used to be pretty cool in terms of members battling other members for parts on ebay.  When you could see the names of who was bidding, you knew who they were in the community and you could ask them to stand down.  I was asked to do that in the past, only to lose out on a part and the person that asked me to step aside "forgot about the auction" or some other excuse.  After that I said forget it, I'm not stepping aside for anyone anymore.  If they want it, they better want it more than me and if they do, they're going to pay for it. 

What your doing is like when people complain after they sell a bike to someone else...They complain that they repowdered it or something like that.  Well, guess what?? It's not yours anymore, so you don't have a right to complain!! That's why when I sell things, I don't usually give "bro" deals either.  Once it's gone, I can't complain if someone flips it because I got the money that I wanted for the part.  Just like the guy on here last week that bought my 1" VG stem...Guess what? It's on ebay right now.  If he thinks he can get more for it than he paid, good for him...

What I'm saying is THAT FRAME IS NOT YOURS, so who are you to tell other people what to do or not to do in regards to it?  I'm not saying that your reason for wanting the frame isn't worthy or legit, but quit complaining, if you want it bad enough get it.

what ever I`m done I`m not bidding one cent on it !!!! I asked for alittle help and compassion during one of the hardest times I have ever gone through in my life and all I caught was flack THANKS.


"Living well is the best revenge" "Give till it hurts"  - Drchopper

Offline

 

#12127 2012-08-29 4:36pm

timt
Pro Member
From: Central Pa
Registered: 2011-06-28
Posts: 598
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

I had half a response typed and erased it. I'm not going to bid on it anymore even tho he pissed me off. Looks like you are using your bro as excuse to build yourself a bike since the only person it benifits is you. Maybe you should have worked a little harder at making a backdoor ebay deal like you did the Standard stem that I was in need of. sad


Looking for a 1989 Robinson Pro frame and fork

Offline

 

#12128 2012-08-29 4:50pm

I am the owl...
Pro MemberSinner
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: 2007-04-30
Posts: 21860
Bikes: 7
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

suicidepan wrote:

! I asked for alittle help and compassion during one of the hardest times I have ever gone through in my life and all I caught was flack THANKS.

Dude, enough. We've ALL gone through hard times, we've ALL had people close to us die, but thats NO excuse for you acting like you are. I think you've been cut a ton of slack already, because people know its hard, life IS hard. Suck it up, quit looking for pity, thats not what you need, nor is it what your friend would have wanted, I guarantee you that. Take a breath, walk away from here for a bit, cool down.......


I love dead people....

Online

 

#12129 2012-08-29 6:52pm

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Pro Member
From: Hyperspace
Registered: 2008-10-14
Posts: 1474
Bikes: 8
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

That trans blue with white looks great--that's gonna be a really cool bike. Nothing beats building up a new bike and taking it for that first test ride! smile


11:11

Offline

 

#12130 2012-08-29 7:24pm

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3684
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

That trans blue with white looks great--that's gonna be a really cool bike. Nothing beats building up a new bike and taking it for that first test ride! smile

I finally remembered to ask you this! Did you change something on that a$$ kicking 93 Holmes you have? I dont know why, but it either got better with time or I just want 1 mid school bike...........


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#12131 2012-08-29 7:27pm

brobmx
Pro MemberFormerly: outdrstr
From: East TN
Registered: 2008-08-17
Posts: 1939
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

Winter project my a s s . All you need is wheels and tires. Get that thing built up and ride it.
Killer setup! Which decals you going to put on it?


If your LBS does not have what you need, Hit me up.
S&M F-IT Profile TREE Odyssey SUNDAY etc..

Offline

 

#12132 2012-08-29 7:31pm

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3684
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

outdrstr wrote:

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

Winter project my a s s . All you need is wheels and tires. Get that thing built up and ride it.
Killer setup! Which decals you going to put on it?

No kidding huh......I sent a PM already, that bike is friggin ridiculous and totally ariginal. Thats some a$$ kicking S&M stuff right there.


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#12133 2012-08-29 7:32pm

chillywilly263
Pro Member**Hooligan** 1%er
From: Below Cleveland Above Akron
Registered: 2006-11-11
Posts: 8061
Bikes: 10
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

Trans blue? Is it a custom or what? smile

Offline

 

#12134 2012-08-29 8:00pm

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Pro Member
From: Hyperspace
Registered: 2008-10-14
Posts: 1474
Bikes: 8
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Stoner71 wrote:

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

That trans blue with white looks great--that's gonna be a really cool bike. Nothing beats building up a new bike and taking it for that first test ride! smile

I finally remembered to ask you this! Did you change something on that a$$ kicking 93 Holmes you have? I dont know why, but it either got better with time or I just want 1 mid school bike...........

Thanks! I have Black and Silver orange bearing Bullseye 48's laced to those rims now haven't photo'd it yet everything else is the same.  Most of the parts came from you guys--the frame was one of those mis-listed ebay scores with bad photos where ya keep your fingers crossed--I think it was 60 bucks.  Couldn't believe it when it showed up mint! yikes Took me over a year to build it--I'll never forget that day I finished it.  Nearly every part was a fiasco--stuff shipped to the wrong address, paypal snafus ,always broke & eating mac & cheese for weeks lol


11:11

Offline

 

#12135 2012-08-29 8:14pm

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Pro Member
From: Hyperspace
Registered: 2008-10-14
Posts: 1474
Bikes: 8
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Here's the pic I took after I finished it and took a midnight cruise around the neighborhood--sat back and looked at it down in the basement where I built it and thought to myself "sweeet" lol I've since cut that cable down. It's a good bike. smile

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu300/Detroit-Dirt-Bikes/allpics08515.jpg


11:11

Offline

 

#12136 2012-08-29 8:24pm

Kid718
Pro MemberBill Effin' Murray
From: Earth
Registered: 2009-11-16
Posts: 7058
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Anyone have a pre 93 S&M project they wanna trade for other S&M?


Open to fair offers on anything I have for sale.

Offline

 

#12137 2012-08-29 8:57pm

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3684
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

Here's the pic I took after I finished it and took a midnight cruise around the neighborhood--sat back and looked at it down in the basement where I built it and thought to myself "sweeet" lol I've since cut that cable down. It's a good bike. smile

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu30 … s08515.jpg

Thats just classic S&M right there..........

You also just received kudo's for taking a midnight cruise in the motor city as well, man you've got brass! lollol


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#12138 2012-08-29 9:04pm

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Pro Member
From: Hyperspace
Registered: 2008-10-14
Posts: 1474
Bikes: 8
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Stoner71 wrote:

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

Here's the pic I took after I finished it and took a midnight cruise around the neighborhood--sat back and looked at it down in the basement where I built it and thought to myself "sweeet" lol I've since cut that cable down. It's a good bike. smile

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu30 … s08515.jpg

Thats just classic S&M right there..........

You also just received kudo's for taking a midnight cruise in the motor city as well, man you've got brass! lollol

lol I'm in the burbs, the infamous "8 Mile Rd," is about 6 miles away--that's where things get sketchy after dark


11:11

Offline

 

#12139 2012-08-29 9:11pm

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3684
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

Stoner71 wrote:

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

Here's the pic I took after I finished it and took a midnight cruise around the neighborhood--sat back and looked at it down in the basement where I built it and thought to myself "sweeet" lol I've since cut that cable down. It's a good bike. smile

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu30 … s08515.jpg

Thats just classic S&M right there..........

You also just received kudo's for taking a midnight cruise in the motor city as well, man you've got brass! lollol

lol I'm in the burbs, the infamous "8 Mile Rd," is about 6 miles away--that's where things get sketchy after dark

LOL! I bet it does, they should change 8 Mile to 8 Second rd, thats about the life expectancy I think! lol


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#12140 2012-08-29 9:19pm

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Pro Member
From: Hyperspace
Registered: 2008-10-14
Posts: 1474
Bikes: 8
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Stoner71 wrote:

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

Stoner71 wrote:


Thats just classic S&M right there..........

You also just received kudo's for taking a midnight cruise in the motor city as well, man you've got brass! lollol

lol I'm in the burbs, the infamous "8 Mile Rd," is about 6 miles away--that's where things get sketchy after dark

LOL! I bet it does, they should change 8 Mile to 8 Second rd, thats about the life expectancy I think! lol

One would be very unwise to ride a $2000 BMX bike through there unarmed wink


11:11

Offline

 

#12141 2012-08-29 10:00pm

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3684
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

Stoner71 wrote:

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:


lol I'm in the burbs, the infamous "8 Mile Rd," is about 6 miles away--that's where things get sketchy after dark

LOL! I bet it does, they should change 8 Mile to 8 Second rd, thats about the life expectancy I think! lol

One would be very unwise to ride a $2000 BMX bike through there unarmed wink

I was so close to making my last build a mid school project, but time just wasnt on my side. I know it would have been fun, But I would have want PA's and all the trimmings, so thats on hold till things get more settled. Maybe next year or so! Im still excited to finish my latest, will be done middle next week. Just waiting on the headset is all, then shes done son!


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#12142 2012-08-29 10:09pm

BossHogg80
Pro MemberReese's Peanut Butter Cup Aficionado
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-12-14
Posts: 2594
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Stoner71 wrote:

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

That trans blue with white looks great--that's gonna be a really cool bike. Nothing beats building up a new bike and taking it for that first test ride! smile

I finally remembered to ask you this! Did you change something on that a$$ kicking 93 Holmes you have? I dont know why, but it either got better with time or I just want 1 mid school bike...........

C'mon Don!!!! Do it!!! Build a mid-school!!!!! big_smile


WANTED=***Badd 24" f/f**White Bear 24" or 20" f/f*****Need GT Elite(He-Man) pro cages!!!

dun dun...............dun dun...............dun dun.......dun dun...dun dun dun dun dun....GOOOOOO SAN JOSE SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

Offline

 

#12143 2012-08-29 10:13pm

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3684
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

BossHogg80 wrote:

Stoner71 wrote:

Detroit Dirt Bikes wrote:


That trans blue with white looks great--that's gonna be a really cool bike. Nothing beats building up a new bike and taking it for that first test ride! smile

I finally remembered to ask you this! Did you change something on that a$$ kicking 93 Holmes you have? I dont know why, but it either got better with time or I just want 1 mid school bike...........

C'mon Don!!!! Do it!!! Build a mid-school!!!!! big_smile

I was hoping you would give me your Powerlite or a kick a$$ Boss my friend! Lol


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#12144 2012-08-29 10:25pm

BossHogg80
Pro MemberReese's Peanut Butter Cup Aficionado
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2010-12-14
Posts: 2594
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

Stoner71 wrote:

BossHogg80 wrote:

Stoner71 wrote:


I finally remembered to ask you this! Did you change something on that a$$ kicking 93 Holmes you have? I dont know why, but it either got better with time or I just want 1 mid school bike...........

C'mon Don!!!! Do it!!! Build a mid-school!!!!! big_smile

I was hoping you would give me your Powerlite or a kick a$$ Boss my friend! Lol

I'll bet you were! big_smile You need something like a 93-94 Dirtbike or Holmes.
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/sandm/18429
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/sandm/43586


WANTED=***Badd 24" f/f**White Bear 24" or 20" f/f*****Need GT Elite(He-Man) pro cages!!!

dun dun...............dun dun...............dun dun.......dun dun...dun dun dun dun dun....GOOOOOO SAN JOSE SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

Offline

 

#12145 2012-08-29 11:34pm

Stoner71
Pro Member
From: Armpit of California
Registered: 2010-12-11
Posts: 3684
Bikes: 6
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

BossHogg80 wrote:

Stoner71 wrote:

BossHogg80 wrote:


C'mon Don!!!! Do it!!! Build a mid-school!!!!! big_smile

I was hoping you would give me your Powerlite or a kick a$$ Boss my friend! Lol

I'll bet you were! big_smile You need something like a 93-94 Dirtbike or Holmes.
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/sandm/18429
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/sandm/43586

Man that 93 Holmes sure hit all the right notes, that was impressive. Man.....super clean and sharp........that would be the type of ride for me. cool


American made, guaranteed ass kicking!

Offline

 

#12146 2012-08-30 1:41am

AZ-01
Pro Member
From: Phoenix, AZ 85014
Registered: 2010-03-20
Posts: 850
Bikes: 4
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

gish wrote:

cru jones 2 wrote:

yup

so what does that make mine then ?

There was a DirtBike XL befor the Holmes.


azbicyclegallery.com  All bmx 24/7

Online

 

#12147 2012-08-30 5:09am

gish
Centurion Member
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2009-09-03
Posts: 102
Bikes: 7

Re: S&M hoarders unite

AZ-01 wrote:

gish wrote:

cru jones 2 wrote:

yup

so what does that make mine then ?

There was a DirtBike XL befor the Holmes.

but was there a mad dog XL or did they make a mad dog with XL stamped on the frame that is the question ?

Offline

 

#12148 2012-08-30 8:20am

G.
Pro Member
From: Filthadelphia, PA
Registered: 2008-10-08
Posts: 3030
Bikes: 37
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

suicidepan wrote:

MonocoqueMike wrote:

suicidepan wrote:

My Bro collected early rare S&M bikes and had nothing to do with new school S&M so it would be pointless for me to do a tribute build with something he had no interest in.............and yes there are alot of FU@ked up people out there and I`m not stupid I know at what price I`m going to call it a day and if I lose we`ll see who the A$$hole is that had no respect when the bike surfaces....... I would much rather that somebody contact me with a frame to sell, I would greatly appreciate that.

Ok, I've seen this go on long enough.  Let me first state that I am not in the running for this bike and I won't be bidding on it.  That being said, you are WAY out of line here.  I understand that you are trying to do a tribute to your friend, but you have no right telling people what to do or how to spend their money.  How do you know that someone hasn't been looking for this bike for years and this might be their last chance to get one for another couple years?  It could have been the same bike that they had as a child and they want to relive their youth.  That person would not be a a$$hole for getting that bike. 

You say you know what price you are going to bow out at....well, what if your "reserve price" was met and I was willing to go above and beyond that price and the auction ends for less than what I was willing to pay?  Then neither of us get the frame and I'd be kicking myself asking why I didn't bid.

You can't ask someone not to bid on something on eBay.  I've been around the hobby for quite a few years now and it used to be pretty cool in terms of members battling other members for parts on ebay.  When you could see the names of who was bidding, you knew who they were in the community and you could ask them to stand down.  I was asked to do that in the past, only to lose out on a part and the person that asked me to step aside "forgot about the auction" or some other excuse.  After that I said forget it, I'm not stepping aside for anyone anymore.  If they want it, they better want it more than me and if they do, they're going to pay for it. 

What your doing is like when people complain after they sell a bike to someone else...They complain that they repowdered it or something like that.  Well, guess what?? It's not yours anymore, so you don't have a right to complain!! That's why when I sell things, I don't usually give "bro" deals either.  Once it's gone, I can't complain if someone flips it because I got the money that I wanted for the part.  Just like the guy on here last week that bought my 1" VG stem...Guess what? It's on ebay right now.  If he thinks he can get more for it than he paid, good for him...

What I'm saying is THAT FRAME IS NOT YOURS, so who are you to tell other people what to do or not to do in regards to it?  I'm not saying that your reason for wanting the frame isn't worthy or legit, but quit complaining, if you want it bad enough get it.

what ever I`m done I`m not bidding one cent on it !!!! I asked for alittle help and compassion during one of the hardest times I have ever gone through in my life and all I caught was flack THANKS.

Suicidepan,
I'd like to suggest something to you, start a charity in your lost friends name. Maybe something to donate bikes to underprivaliged kids?  It will be a way to get more kids into BMX and carry on his memory far longer than any build will.  It may help you in this hard time and allow you to focus on something positive. Hit me up if you need any help as I'm currently starting some charitable BMX programs for kids for next year


LOOKING FOR :
JW Pro stem,  Profile Pro  1-1/8" Black stems  ( in New to Very Good Condition!!!!!)
Standard Bykes 125R frame stickers & Standard 24" fork (99/2000 Era)
Profile Racing chain tensioners in DK Gold (mid school)
Primo Chad DeGroot grips

BMX was meant to be about riding (actually jumping or trying to do tricks) and having fun, I feel sad for you if you've forgotten that

Offline

 

#12149 2012-08-30 9:52am

forty_three
Pro Member
From: Columbus, OH
Registered: 2010-10-12
Posts: 1030
Bikes: 4
For Sale

Re: S&M hoarders unite

chillywilly263 wrote:

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

Trans blue? Is it a custom or what? smile

Yeah, sorta. It's stock geometry and all, but I had em do it in Trans Blue. I am real particular about how my bikes look. I couldn't do anything that someone else may have done before me.

I think I will go with the Dirt Bike sticker, although I love the blue so much, I may just put a shield on the non-drive side down by the bottom bracket and leave it at that. Minimalist. I am going to put 2 shields on the fork down by the drops and take the stock stickers off.

Wheels are coming tomorrow (Black Alienation shiny sides with black hubs and spokes - I might go with blue nipples), and I am picking up some 990s tonight (White). Also need grips and pedals.

Any advice on what sprocket I should run? I want 44 or 45/16 as I will be racing. I was thinking chrome Profile Spider with Blue chainwheel. My Cranks are chrome Profiles.


I thrashed your grail, and I loved every second of it.

Offline

 

#12150 2012-08-30 10:04am

Detroit Dirt Bikes
Pro Member
From: Hyperspace
Registered: 2008-10-14
Posts: 1474
Bikes: 8
For Sale
Website

Re: S&M hoarders unite

forty_three wrote:

chillywilly263 wrote:

forty_three wrote:

Hi, gang. Looks like I have joined the club, finally.

On my doorstep today.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8172/7890 … a699_z.jpg

24" Dirt Bike in Trans Blue
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8298/7890 … d025_z.jpg
Among other things:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7890 … 32ba_z.jpg

Looks like I got my winter project.

Trans blue? Is it a custom or what? smile

Yeah, sorta. It's stock geometry and all, but I had em do it in Trans Blue. I am real particular about how my bikes look. I couldn't do anything that someone else may have done before me.

I think I will go with the Dirt Bike sticker, although I love the blue so much, I may just put a shield on the non-drive side down by the bottom bracket and leave it at that. Minimalist. I am going to put 2 shields on the fork down by the drops and take the stock stickers off.

Wheels are coming tomorrow (Black Alienation shiny sides with black hubs and spokes - I might go with blue nipples), and I am picking up some 990s tonight (White). Also need grips and pedals.

Any advice on what sprocket I should run? I want 44 or 45/16 as I will be racing. I was thinking chrome Profile Spider with Blue chainwheel. My Cranks are chrome Profiles.

You're gonna need a cruiser gear ratio, a 25-30t up front and check a gear inch ratio chart for your rear cog.


11:11

Offline

 

Board footer