1999 Torker Plague
The Torker Plague was a mid-upper freestyle BMX offered in 1999 and was closely based on the frame designs of the legendary Torker 280, and the Australian Rok-on and Bragg models of the 1980's
This is my 1999 Torker Plague which I scored in a bulk buy lot off eBay and it was a run down survivor so I spent a bit of time and elbow grease tidying it up to a clean presentable standard.
I polished the frame, stem and seat post clamp using Autosol, and resprayed the forks, seat post and handlebars.
I left the original decals on it as I haven't sourced any NOS.Original Specs
- Bicycle Type: Freestyle/jumping
- Colors: Chrome-Plated, Sun Burn'd
- Frame Construction: Pulse-welded
- Frame Tubing Material: Chromoly/ hi-tensile steel
- Fork Brand & Material: Torker Chromoly, unicrown crown
- Brakeset:Tektro U-brake rear brakes, Tektro Sidepull Front, Tektro alloy levers
- Crankset: Torker 44T
- Pedals: Wellgo Platform
- Bottom Bracket: One piece American
- Rear Cog:16T
- Chain: KMC, 1/2 x 1/8"
- Seatpost: Chromoly layback micro-adjust, 25.4mm diameter
- Handlebar: Chromoly Torker
- Stem:Torker Aluminium threadless
- Headset:1 1/8" threadless YST steel
- Hubs: Joytec Alloy Sealed
- Rims: Torker Alloy 48-hole
- Tires:20 x 1.85" Maxxis Maxx Daddy
- Spoke Brand:Stainless steel, 2.0mm straight gauge
- Spoke Nipples: Brass nipples
My model is pretty close to original, the only differences being upgrades to GT Platform Pedals, AME Grips and new tyres.
THIS IS HAS BEEN SOLD
Submitted by gtr1xharoDiscuss this bike
- Freestyle / Flatland
- Company: Torker
- Model: Plauge
- Material: 4130 Chromoly
- Headtube size: 1-1/8"
- Details The Torker Plague was a mid-upper end freestyle BMX offered in 1999 and was closely based on the frame designs of the legendary Torker 280, and the Australian Rok-on and Bragg freestyle models of the 1980's