2011 Stranger Wolfman
This is the first Wolfman mock frame. It is the signature frame for Tim Harvey (aka Wolfman). It was fabricated in 2011 by Solid Bikes in their Sacramento, CA facility for the Stranger Bike Co.
I have provided this frame as a shout-out to my younger brother, Wolfman. He grew up in Littleton, MA and started riding BMX bikes in about 4th or 5th grade. After riding dirt for several years, Tim got into street and ramp riding. He moved to Petaluma, CA in about 2003 (I guess I should just ask him) and continued riding park/street. After dabbling in the local junior college, Tim became an apprentice in the San Francisco Painters' Union (his full-time day job). All the while, he continued riding BMX bikes and after being sponsored by Giant/Mosh and MacNeil, Wolf was picked up by Stranger. In 2009, Wolfman moved to San Francisco and to this day, he continues to rip Northern California (and work as a painter, which is his "real" job). Currently, Wolfman rides for Stranger (bikes - www.strangerbmx.com), Lotek (shoes - www.lotekbrand.com), and Quintin (clothing - www.quintinco.com).
The images of this frame have been provided by Stranger Bikes (www.strangerbmx.com). The first image was posted on the Stranger website on June 22, 2011 while the following three images were posted on the Stranger website on June 25, 2011.
This mock frame has a top tube length of 20.75". It will be ridden by Wolf beginning in July 2011. The following are the specs provided by Stranger for its Wolfman frame: TT = 20.75", 21", 21.25" ; Stand-over = 8.75" ; HT = 75.5 deg. ; ST = 69 deg. ; Rear = 13.4" ; BB = 11.6" (http://blog.strangerbmx.com/wolfman-frame-spec). Since the frame will be made in America, there is a chance it will cost more than the other Stranger frames (which retail for around $330). However, Wolfman will not make a cent on these frames because working full time as a painter allows him to pay the bills already (and because he wanted his signature frames made in the USA). I'm guessing that the frame will be intended for street/ramp/park/trail riding. I also have a feeling that it will be available in 2012.
Below are short videos that feature Wolfman:
- Quintin – Out And About With… Wolfman -- May 7, 2012 (http://mellonbmx.com/quintin-with-wolfman/)
- BMX Rider Wolfman - VIMBY Action Sports -- Feb. 1, 2008 (http://www.myspace.com/video/vimby/vimby-bmx-rider-wolfman/27388316)
- Cuttin' It Deep -- (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2858666194912305644 -- 1:07-4:30)
- "The 'Wolfman' gets wrecked" - Fuel TV, Slam! -- Mar. 25, 2011 (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/FOX-Sports-Racing/141538/1940039593/The--Wolfman--gets-wrecked/videos)
- Wolfman Defgrip Edit (2008) -- Oct. 6, 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i39uPa1Jbks)
- Mosh - Eddie, Loid, & Wolfman -- Nov. 6, 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu40Xzlut4 -- beg.-1:34)
- Stranger/Wolfman/C.O.T.R. #7 -- July 2, 2010 (http://oldtownsports.blogspot.com/2010/07/riding-inspirationtim-wolfman-harvey.html)
- Stranger Wolfman -- Aug. 9, 2010 (http://bmx.transworld.net/1000109782/videos/stranger-wolfman-edit/)
- Wolfman Petaluma BMX Edit HD -- Oct. 26, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBG1kq0jmIE)
- Innertwine Clothing Web Edit -- Dec. 17, 2009 (http://bmx.transworld.net/1000091941/videos/innertwine-clothing-riders-mix/ -- 3:24-3:54)
- Wolfman in San Francisco - Quintin Co. -- Mar. 26, 2012 (http://vimeo.com/39233165) - My bro said all filming for this edit was done on the same day in under 2 hrs...
- QuintinCo - Wolfman Mini BMX Edit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiOquN1wuEg)
- Wolfman - Quintin -- Feb. 24, 2011 (http://408bmx.com/2011/02/wolfman-quintin-ad/)
Other vidoes with Wolfman in them:
- Lotek Mixtape Ep. 3 VIMBY Action Sports -- Dec. 5, 2008 (http://www.myspace.com/video/vimby/vimby-lotek-mixtape-ep-3/47738893 -- 0:20-0:22, 0:39-0:49, 0:57-1:01, 1:13-1:15, 1:42-1:45, 1:49-2:01, 2:38-2:41, 3:04-3:08, 3:26-3:29, 3:46-4:06)
- Solid BMX in Salt Lake City: Part 2 -- Jan. 22, 2012 (http://vimeo.com/35466016 -- 3:39-3:50, 4:43-4:53, 6:14-6:28, 7:00-7:07) LI>
- Cuttin It Deep trailer 2 -- May 1, 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpPPmHl59FA&feature=related -- 0:47-0:52)
- Lotek Mixtape SF - VIMBY Action Sports -- Aug. 24, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBGzF27hb_o -- 2:35-3:17, 3:40-3:50) LI>
- Solid BMX in Salt Lake City: Part 1 -- Jan. 5, 2012 (http://vimeo.com/34643309 -- 2:03-2:05, 2:13-2:14, 2:20-2:24, 3:07-3:09)
- Cuttin it Deep trailer -- July 31, 2006 (http://www.myspace.com/cuttinitdeep/videos -- 0:34-0:36, 2:15-2:22)
- Solid BMX in Salt Lake City: Part 3 -- Feb. 7, 2012 (http://vimeo.com/36387900 -- 9:33- 9:41)
- BMX Rider Mike Hoder's Good Day in the Streets -- Aug. 9, 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaMU4kOS0L8&feature=player_embedded -- 0:29-0:30, 0:34-0:42)
- Lotek San Francisco Bike Film Festival -- Aug. 26, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ESSn45MTQ&feature=related -- 1:35-1:43, 1:51-2:00, 4:15-4:38, 7:18-7.28)
- Wolfman MacNeil Bike Check -- Feb. 7, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzDGTJjL3U&feature=related)
- Wolfman Bike Check -- July 28, 2009 (http://www.macneilbmx.com/blog/2009/07/wolfman-bike-check/#more-2990)
- Interview: Wolfman/Defgrip -- May 23, 2011 (http://digbmx.mpora.com/digthis/interview-wolfman-defgrip)
- Tim Harvey - GrindTV -- Oct. 27, 2000 (http://www.grindtv.com/athlete/tim-harvey/)
- Wolfman - Video and Interview -- Feb. 25, 2008 (http://www.defgrip.net/v3/interviews/wolfman/wolfman.html)
Pictures & Websites:
- ESPN Action Sports - Photo of the Day -- Sept. 15, 2009 (http://espn.go.com/action/bmx/blog?post=4398278#)
- Wolfman Team Page - MacNeil (http://www.macneilbmx.com/blog/tag/wolfman/)
- Tim Harvey - San Jose BMX (http://sjbmx.com/tag/tim-harvey/)
- Wolfman - Stranger (http://strangerbmx.com/gallery/22904)
- Wolfman on MacNeil!!! -- Feb. 25, 2008 (http://www.macneilbmx.com/blog/2008/02/wolfman-on-macneil/)
- Wolfman - Stranger Team (http://blog.strangerbmx.com/team/wofman)
- Wolfman -- Apr. 11, 2012 (http://fullframecollective.com/2012/04/wolfman/)
- Tim 'Wolfman' Harvey (http://www.quintinco.com/team/bmx/wolfman/)
Note: The most recent links have bolded text. Video links on this page are ordered by my personal preference. The dates associated with each video/image correspond to when these were first uploaded to the internet. This page was last updated on May 21, 2012.
Submitted by pharv85Discuss this bike
- Street / Vert
- Company: Stranger
- Model: Wolfman
- Material: 4130 Chromoly
- Headtube angle: 75.5 deg.
- Seattube angle: 69 deg.
- Toptube length: 20.75 in.
- Headtube size: Internal
- Details The pictures provided are for the mock frame. This frame (i.e., the mock frame) is currently being ridden and tested by Wolfman before it is put into production.