1985 Skyway Street Beat
Stamped USA 4-85 with TA forks & rare first HT decal!
I had the OG f/f for a while sitting in the closet.
Decided to build up for the 2016 Spring Build-off as survivor, however, the paint issues were too much for me to bear. I had it powdered locally to almost I-dentical orange and the shop messed up the finish a bit. Rather than have them redo it, I kept it like that so it resembles old paint LOL! Some areas that were missed were filled in with nail polish, my wife had a matched polish in her 600+ collection. Hahaha, nail polish is as collectible as BMX!!!
I had some repro decals made to exact same OG specs which is why it has the different HT decal the first runs had. Only modification was to the EZ Bar decal swapping cyan for white. I kept the bars white as that is how riders Ruffell/Meyer had their orange Beats and that was the OG color.
I used many parts I had already, adding ones I feel I would have used in the mid-late 80s. I got the idea for the blue from my grail bike (a grey/blue 87 Beat with the 990 mounts) crankset I had.
I was inclined to go with orange and black, but everyone does that. Orange/black, orange/white, orange/blue has all been done to death, so, I figured F it I'll include 'em all!
Turned out quite nice I think. What say you?
- 85 Street Beat frame stamped Skyway USA 4-85 with rare HT decal
- 85 Street Beat forks with TA cutout
- 85 Skyway EZ bars
- 88 Skyway FS stem
- 85/86 Dia-Compe MX brakes with Porkchop cables
- 86 NOS Dia-Compe 128 levers
- NOS Tracer 43t chainring (powdered by C4)
- NOS Sugino BMX Japan spider (powdered by C4)
- Sunday Saker 175mm cranks
- KMC chain (painted blue rivets)
- Odyssey Twisted pedals
- NOS Skyway Freestyle Tuff pads
- Skyway Axle Extenders
- Survivor Skyway Dominator seat
- DiaTech/Dia-Compe MX seat clamp
- Drain Pipe seat post
- Skyway Tuff2 wheels (sealed bearings)
- Shimano 16t freewheel
- Duro X-Performer 20x1.95 tires
Sunday 19mm BB w/ Deco cups & Neco headset
- Ame Rounds grips
Submitted by fairlyodddad