1990 Romet American Rider
A Polish brand bike made to look like an classic 80s BMX with mag wheels.
This is a BMX bike i found on the Swedish version of Craigslist (Blocket.se) at the start of the summer 2011 for 350 sek ( about 55$ dollar). The bike was owned by an old man, he had it sitting in his garage for over 15 years. It was taken down in to pieces for cleaning and some polishing of the chrome parts. I dont know much about the bike or the company making them, all i know is that is called "Romet" and that it is a Polish based company, apparently they also makes mopeds. This is a small list of the changes i made to it after purchase:
- Removed reflectors and kickstand.
- Relocated the front brake to the rear wheel and lengthen the break cable.
- Fitted a new Big Cheese Lay-Back seatpost, 7/8''x 16''.
- Bought ACS Z-Mag 5-spoke Classics in 20".
- White knobby 20"x1.75" NOS (new old stock) tires found at the local bikeshop.
/ Jocke from Sweden
Submitted by EB_Jocke