1982 Peugeot CPX-100
Stunning 1981 to 1982 french edition of the Peugeot CPX-100 with super rare zero-rake moto forks! Survivor with 100% original decals and paint.
Very lucky ebay find from France which appears to be 1982-ish rare french/euro edition of the CPX-100. The distinctive difference is the zero-rake moto styled forks. The bike arrived in what was once a cardboard box, fully wrapped with plastic and packing tape so that it would hold. It was a small miracle the contents weren't damaged although the rear drop outs were peeking thru.
I bought this as a complete bike for about a hundred which was very fair because the bike turned out to be in excellent survivor condition and i had been more or less been looking for an old CPX like this for some time. All i basically had to do was to take everything apart, clean it all up and put back together and ajdust to my liking. So everything from each individually polished spoke to building the wheels, down to every single ball bearing was carefully cleaned and reassembled. Sounds straight forward, which it is, but takes time if done carefully.
The original Cheng Shin knobby tires were pretty badly rotted so i replaced them with the IRC tires as well as the 165mm cranks that felt a bit too short. I upgraded them with rare and super quality 175mm Stronglight cr-mo one piece cranks. The paint job and the original stickers are well preserved with just a few scratches here and there, there was absolutely no rust apart from rims which cleaned up easily.
The forks is what sets this bike apart from the other CPX-100's here on the museum. The moto-styled forks have zero offset drop outs and the fork tubes have just a slight rake. The bike rides great, feels solid and the steering is very responsive.
Thanks for reading!
Parts & specs:
- Frame: 1982 Peugeot CPX-100
- Serial number: CPX-07-11725
- Fork: Peugeot 1" threaded rare zero offset motocross styled forks
- Handlebars: Peugeot 24" by 8" with original CPX-100 cross bar pad
- Grips: Winner's Circle
- Stem: forged steel goose neck single stem with generic snap-on vinyl pad
- Headset: generic, caged bearings
- Seatpost: chrome plated steel 22mm knurled
- Seatpost clamp: generic, chrome plated
- Seat: Peugeot CPX-100 diamond pattern manufactured by GSK in Taiwan
- Pedals: HTI 772 steel rat-traps
- Cranks: StrongLight 175mm Cr-Mo one piece
- Bottom Bracket: generic US-BB steel, caged bearings
- Chainwheel: Keihin 44T Japan
- Chain: KMC 410
- Front Hub: KK 36H steel low flange, caged bearings
- Rear Hub: Shimano 36H D-Type coaster brake with 15T cog
- Rims: KIN LIN 36H 47-406 (20 x 2.125) chrome plated, dimpled
- Tires: IRC BMX Racer 80X 20 x 2.125
- Top tube length: 18,5"
- Wheelbase: 35"
Submitted by 2FreshDiscuss this bike