2009 Intense Podium Pro
The 6 month "Intensive" build.
Just finished my new INTENSE 2009.5 Pro build tonight & was so excitied to have the 6 month project finally finished.
Purchased the frame from Karen & rod at BMXMAD (Melbourne, Australia) back in November 2009. The gods must have been smiling as I really wanted a white frame but found out that the 2010 frames were not coming out in white. It was just my luck that for the first time ever Intense released a mid year updated model with the new light weight top tube etc. They made 500 of these & Karen was good enough to hunt one down for me.
Then each week or month I purchased a new part for the bike as $ or the part became available. (Not recommended as it can be very frustrating waiting for that exact part to become available)
So here's rundown of what I used for the build.
- Intense 2009.5 Pro frame.
- Answer Scythe 2010 graphic Carbon Forks
- S&M XLT Race Bars 8" Rise. 28" Width
- T.H.E Lockon Grips
- Donnie Robinson signature series V-Brake set Carbon Lever & Titanium bolt kit.
- Profile Acoustic Headstem 53mm reach
- T.H.E Mini logo raceseat.
- Sinz Quick release Seatclamp
- Crupi Rythum 175mm 2 piece Cranks
- Crupi 4 Bolt 44t Chainring with Crupi Aluminium Chainring bolts.
- Shimano DXR Pedals (These will be changed soon for some Tioga ProMX Pedals in white)
- Sun Ringle 2010 front / rear specific rims. Double wall with stainless spoke eyelets. No brake surface on front rim.
- Front tire Intense Micro-knobby Steel bead 20 X 1.75
- Rear Tyre Intense Microknobby2 Kevlar bead 20 X 1.75
- White powdercoated spokes with Blue Alloy spoke nipples.
- Chris King 2010 BMX Hubs with Stainless steel 16t ring gear.
- 3/32 Titanium Nitrate Hollow pin lightweight race chain.
Complete Bike weight 8.3kg
Submitted by AussieRussDiscuss this bike