1980 Huffy Pro Thunder Pro 2
My first childhood BMX bike.
Customized, one of a kind.......
- Frame: Original Pro Thunder - Fresh new yellow powder coat
- Forks: Original Chrome RJ Smith
- Handlebar: Original V-Bar Huffy
- Chain: KMC blue/nickel
- Pedals: VP 3rd gen cobalt blue Bear Trap
- Crank: 175mm one piece crank (Upgraded from the original 165 mm crank)
- Grips: NOS Oakley F1
- Decals: Repro Huffy Pro Thunder
- Seat: NOS Kashimax Aero
- Brake Lever: Dia Compe MX Tech 3 lever
- Brakes: Dia Compe MX 1000 (Upgraded from the original coaster brake)
- Tires: Tioga Comp III (20x 1.75)
- Wheels: New Skyway Tuff II (Sealed Bearing) Yellow Mags (Upgraded from the original Troxel mags)
- A pre-restoration pic is included
In 1980 my father bought me this bike brand new from Gold Circle (Now known as Target). I know this was never a popular bike in its day, but not everyone had the privilege of owning a Redline if you know what I mean. I truly enjoyed this bike and rode the hell out it, but in the end it was donated to the goodwill shortly after I bought my first car at 16. I never thought I would see one of these again, and then out of nowhere I stumble across this one. This build is my 35 year vision of how much better a Huffy could be if given the money and resources, it has been restored better than it ever was new and the end result is like no other....
Submitted by kg1970