1988 Haro Dart
Twin to the one destroyed when I was younger.... Damn that man for running it over....
Ok, another one I shouldn't have purchased. Sure glad I did though - this is a grail for me. It has a few more scrapes then I saw in the original listing. Surprisingly the dry-rotted original tires didn't burst when inflated.
- Shimano 6 speed derailleur and lever
- Shimano front brakes
- Shimano Bio-Pace Cranks/Chain-wheel
- Compact roller rear brake
Looking for the following for this:
- Rear disk valve stem access cover.
- Both caps for the crank arm nuts.
- Aero Bars?
- Anyone ever redo the decal set for these? Would be really cool to get this powdered.
- How about any parts for these - I might want to stock spare parts. Rims? Wheel Covers? Anyone?
Made Some Upgrades!
- New white seat and front brake pads.
- Replaced brake cables.
- Maxxis Hookworm tires. These were a little wider then stock. Required a cable tie on the rear brake cable. 100psi is fast, but the ride is a little rough.
- New Promax brake levers. I don't like the original Shimano's
- Replaced the stamped-steel post to seat clamps with an aluminum set. It looks better.
- Replaced shifter with a new Shimano indexing one. It took some time setting up; but it works really well with the original sis derailleur. Now I've got push button shifting and a gear selector gauge!
- Shadow Conspiracy bar ends
Did a shiny side on the rims and took everything apart for cleaning/greasing (yes - even the wacky FH-MR15-6 rear hub) The freewheel actually clicks again - lol. Important safety tip: Front brakes work like crap after shiny-siding. Thankfully rear drum brake not affected :)
Put a few of GAry's stickers on it to show support.
Boxed all the stock parts that were removed. Someday my children will sell all my stuff on the bay and the theory is they'll get more with all the original parts included ;)
As much as it goes against my inner being to run a kickstand I polished the original and put it back on. I don't want to scrape up the new bar ends by laying this against something and I ride it every other day so it's not a display piece. Never did like how the rear brake cable is stretched across the kickstand though. May have to consider some grinding. Or maybe one of those old rear axle mounted kickstands?
Submitted by FalkorDiscuss this bike