1998 Berkeley Cruiser Co. 26
Back in the middle or late â€˜90â€™s Charlie Tondu at Solano Avenue Cyclery in Albany, CA, and a couple friends decided that they wanted a sweet old school-inspired 26â€ cruiser frame built to take a modern beating. So, they designed their dream frame and sought out local frame-builder extraordinaire Bernie Mikkelsen to build a few, thus Berkeley Cruiser Co was born. Before Bernie even got cracking, Charlie had a handful of guys waving money in his face demanding their own frame, so a run of 15 or 20 frames was made and powder coated red by Maas Brothers in Livermore, CA. Those went in a heartbeat, so not long after, a final run of another 15 or 20 was made, this time receiving a gray powder coat. I missed out on the first run, but got my cash together for the second run and have been loving this bike ever since. Itâ€™s been my mountain bike, commuter, and long ago even my dirt jumper. Spec is as follows:
* Frame: 1998 Berkeley Cruiser, Deddachi Steel, 23.5" top tube, Gray
* Fork: Fox Float 100 RLC, Gray
* Headset: Chris King, Black
* Stem: GT Piston XXL, Polished
* Bars: S&M C4, 4130 chromoly, Black
* Grips: Kink, Black
* Brakes: Shimano Deore V-Brakes, Silver front, Black rear
* Levers: Shimano Deore, Silver
* Seat Post: Thomson, Black
* Seat Post Clamp: Salsa QR, Black
* Seat: WTB Laser V, Black
* Pedals: S&M â€œDXâ€ Platform, Black
* Cranks: Profile Race 180mm, Black
* Bottom Bracket: Primo Euro, Black
* Chainring: Sharp Sprockets 37t, Black
* Freewheel: Shimano 18t
* Chain: Shadow Conspiracy Interlock V2, Black
* Front Hub: Phil Wood KISS-Off, 36-hole, Polished
* Rear Hub: Phil Wood KISS-Off, 36-hole, Polished
* Rims: Sun Rhyno Lite, 36-hole, Chrome
* Spokes: Wheelsmith Stainless, Double-Butted, Chrome
* Front Tire: Panaracer Fire FR 26 x 2.4"
* Rear Tire: Tioga Factory DH 26 x 2.1"
Submitted by bmxmartyDiscuss this bike
- Company: Berkley Cruiser Co.
- Material: Other Chromo
- Toptube length: 23.5
- Headtube size: 1-1/8"