1999 2 Hip Pork
This is the chromoly version. The first production year of this frame (made in 98, 99 model).
This is the only year the chromoly version had 2 small cable guides stops for the 990s, gyro stops that were not threaded (pita to mess with), and a straight 1 1/8" head tube (straight being 1/8" the whole length). 2000 models and up had a 1/4" thick bottom section machined and tapered to 1/8" at the top head tubes for strength, just a single round cable stop for the 990s, and threaded gyro guides (which worked well).
This frame is heavy.. Over 8 lbs.
The gyro guides were already cut off when I got it, and ended up smoothing out the head tube. This frame did have many layers of just spray paint on it, but I couldn't tell what the original color was for this frame. The top coat of paint was flat black.. with yellow under that.. blue under that, then flat black again. All layers came off with the stripper very easily so none of it was the original powder. I painted the Stout boy and King of Dirt flat black, so with this one I decided on hazard yellow.
Stickers are in the works.
Did I say it was heavy?
As of Dec 2011:
- Frame 1999 2 Hip Pork chromoly
- Fork Kink Empire Rev B
- Bars Kink Redwings
- Brakes/levers Dia Tech Gold Finger, Dia Compe 990 brake with Kool Stop Eagle claw pads
- Grips ODI Longnecks
- Bar ends Fit
- Stem 2 Hip Front load Face Stem
- Headset Aheadset Tank, thick cups top and bottom
- Seat Primo Hemoriod, destroyed
- Seatpost Standard Bykes, chrome
- Seat clamp Snafu
- Hubs/wheels Alex Pro Supra E Triple wall rims, the heavy ones laced to Profile SS Stud cassette hubs (16t cog).
- Chain KMC 410 H
- Chain Tensioners One Primo Venus
- Crankset Profile 175mm cranks
- Sprocket Kink Lite 45T
- Pedals Odyssey South Gate unsealed
- Tires Primo Wall 1.85 tires F/R
Submitted by cdridesonlyDiscuss this bike